1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'now loading' during gameplay

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mingster, Feb 23, 2005.

1. mingster

mingster Member

I have had this problem when playing backups of gta san andreas and need for speed underground 2 (although NFSU1 worked fine).

I frequently get 'now loading' messages during the actual gameplay when I know the originals do not do that. I can't seem to find anything on the forums that covers this.

I'm using an NEC 2510. My blanks are unbranded (printable), but DVD Identifier says that my they are Ritek G05. I'm burning at 2X since the recorder won't seem to let me burn at 1X.

In the case of NFSU2 I've even inserted the dnas id onto the disc, but this hasn't (but probably shouldn't) made a difference.

Can anyone suggest anything? Any help will be appreciated.

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Alright, I had this exact same problem with GTA San Andreas. My problem was my media, which I think is yours as well. Try getting some quality media, such as Maxell, Sony, etc. Also, if you have a version 1-6 xbox, use -r for sure, but if you have a version 7-12, try +r for your games.

What I did to make my GTA San Andreas work in my version 7 ps2 was switch from Memorex dvd-r to Maxell dvd +r and it works perfectly now. Don't worry about the burning at 2x, seeing that the majority of programs do that. Even DVD Decrypter says it is going to burn at 1x, but it actually still ends up burning close or right at 2x speed.

Hope this helps, good luck!

3. mingster

mingster Member

Thanks for the suggestion pimpdawg, i'll try switching to +Rs from now on.

Do you think that this only happens with certain games? I've backed up newer ones, eg. p. of persia warrior within and PES4, without this problem. In your case, was GTA the only one where this happened?

Thanks again for your help!

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

I made a mistake above, I typed xbox and meant to put ps2, my bad. I was just in the xbox forum before I came here so ya...

But anyways, the only game I have had trouble with was GTA San Andreas. Switching media made a huge difference, and the game has run flawlessly so far on the +r media.

Prince of Persia worked fine for me on -r media, it was just San Andreas for me, but I never tried to backup NFS Underground.

Just buy a 5 pack of some decent media and see if it works, hopefully it does, good luck!

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Oh, and just to let you know, I burn my games with Alcohol 120% the majority of the time.