1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now this is Just Fu**ed up!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Domreis, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

My 360 started havening problems January 14th!

January 14th- I called and requested a box for a repair.
    January 18th- Called to see where the box was because no box yet.
    February 13th- I receive the box after a mounth of trying to get M$ to ship it to me
    February 14th- Ship to M$
    February 24th- receive XBOX while out of country
    March 1st- I return home to my "NEW" XBOX which gave me 3 flashing red lights
    March 2ond- Call M$ to bitch about my problem
    March 14th- Box arrives
    March 15th- Ship broken XBOX back to M$
    March 22ond- Call to check satus and find this out:

There was a Problem with the plane that my XBOX was on and the Plane had to make a emergency landing. The only thing the M$ supervisor was able to tell me is that UPS has told them that the Contents of the packages are damaged. They are still looking threw all packages on that plane, and that we (I) need to call back tomorrow. The 3 day air package was suppose to be delivered March 19th. Oh yeah and one more thing., because UPS has stated that the contents are damaged I will need to take my problem up with them. I wonder how bad it is "damaged". This pisses me off, because M$ says I am now longer their problem until I find out what happened out a deal with UPS.

2. Memnock

Memnock Active member

So you have to get your reimbursement from UPS? Sorry to hear about all that. Hey March 19th was my birthday.

3. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Coll happy B-Day 2 days late.

4. theridges

theridges Guest

that sux bad man....
    i think i would cry

5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Much thanx! A new Wiikey was my gift to me.

6. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

What is a WiiKey?

7. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

A Wii modchip I believe.

8. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

It is a Wii modchip.

And this might have been a blessing in disguise for you Dom. MS would have replaced that 360 with another refurbished 360. But now that UPS is responsible you should get a check for the value of replacing the 360. Then you can just get a new one instead of dealing with MS's repaired crap.

9. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

true i do agree with bhetrick, i think this will work out for the best on your end, if UPS will actually cooperate and help you out..

10. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

That is not true. I talked to a Supervisor, because I had some many other problems, and I was given my OWN personal agent, that would call me with updates on the Console repair, I was also given a direct phone number to his desk, when I called him the second time to tell him that my 360 hadn't been fix. He went on about how it is so unexeptable, and how I will get a Brand New sealed console. Here is a cetch, when the box came he had a hand wirten not inside that said-

"_________,

Please include all acsessories that came with your console except for the Hard Drive so we can send you a New Sealed Console!

Take Care
    -_______

Once again I apologize for the inconvenience."

I was very surprised. But come to think about it, it has been 2 month since my console has been working. I was also given my $59 back for my 3 year warranty.

The messed up part right now is that I will now have to deal with UPS. I will find more out tomorrow.

11. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

So you're saying that you were told that you were going to get a new console upon MS receiving your bad one? That would have been great if UPS hadn't screwed up.

Honestly though, (and this is only my opinion), I still think you would've ended up with newly refurbished 360. I'm not doubting what you say you were told... I believe ya... it's just that in the 1 1/2 years the 360's been out I've yet to read a story where someone's received a brand new, sealed, 360 through MS. And even though you've had a terrible time with this from the beginning, I've read much worse cases.

Anyhow, at least now you should be able to go and get a new one (after you go through another headache with UPS, of course) and you'll know you're getting a new one.

12. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

Who did you pay for the 3 year warranty?

13. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

M$,
    I am going to call both UPS and M$ when the open and see what is going on.

14. steimy

steimy Active member

well best you can hope for is the UPS will reimburse you. But the problem is that unless you can prove that the console has PHYSICAL damage they may just blow you off. There is no way to prove that the console was brand new and working from MS unless MS will get involved and help you. UPS insurance is for lost or damaged product, and usually that can easily be proven. But with a game console it will be a bit harder. I hope that you can get it all worked out, keep updating this thread as i am interested to see what the outcome will be.

15. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

In my opinion it is MS who is responsible not you since it was ultimately their product that messed up and you had to send it to them to be repaired THEN a second time as the second one was broken as soon as you opened the it up. SOOO since the second one was broken it is THEIR responsibility to provide the shipping and THEIR responsibility that UPS messed up on the second ship and THIER responsibility to make things right.

16. steimy

steimy Active member

i would have to agree with the above. Ultimately it is Microsoft's warranty that you are using. So it should really make no difference what happened during shipping. But of course that is just the way the world is today. No one wants to take responsibility for anything. They would rather use the "pass the buck" strategy hoping to bounce you around and get you so frustrated that you finally just give up.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  17. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Ok... I have found this out. The truck that my 360 was on caught on fire and was 100% destroyed. I am still working with UPS to get some money.

But here is great news.
    I got a call from M$ and they are sending me a check for $399.99 because I had sent my cables and everything. So I may get paid off twice. 400 bucks from M$ and maybe 400 bucks from UPS. The check will be here tomorrow. Will post back.

18. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

lol lucky, could you buy me one with that extra 400. Microsoft still hasn't sent me their shipping box yet.

19. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

How long have you been whiting for the box?