1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NRL Super League Rugby

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Paolo75, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Paolo75

Paolo75 Member

My backup copy of Super League Rugby just wont boot up.

Ive got the Enigmah NTSC/PAL disk, so ive tried booting it in both modes.

Ive never had any problems with any other backups, Ive got the Executer 2 chip in my xbox.

Any suggestions on what i could try, and has anyone else had these problems?

2. DT420

DT420 Guest

was the original game disc you used to backup clean or is it srachted and messy? If so that might be a problem

3. Paolo75

Paolo75 Member

no mate. the original is perfect. I dont understand it

4. cooked

cooked Member

I'm also trying to backup rugby league to my xbox hard drive but there seems to be a bunch of movie files that have long file names (40+ characters). Unfortunately the xbox file system wont allow long file names and so these files cant be copied. This seems deliberate to prevent backups. When you load your backup, does it say the disc is damaged or something? This is because the program is looking for the movie files that aren't there.

I dont know how to fix it. Enter the Matrix apparantly had the same problem but someone released a patch that shortened the file names that were too long, and then edited the main program to look for the new file names. So unless someone does this for Rugby League I think it's impossible. Unless you can back it up to a DVD (not hard drive). But this also seems impossible as the original DVD is dual layer and therefore too big to put on a single layer disk.

5. cooked

cooked Member

I've since done it successfully.

But you need a DVD burner on your PC (and have your PC connected to your Xbox). The XBOX wont allow long file names on it's own hard drive, but will allow them on a DVD.

I used Flash FTP to transfer all the files directly off the Rugby League DVD to my PC.

Since the entire Rugby League game is too big to fit on a single layer DVD, I had to reduce the size somehow.

The movie folders only contain cut scene movies which wont affect the game being played. But you cant just delete them. The game will look for these files and crash if not there. You need to still have them there but smaller.

In the folder named "movie0", there are 8 files. Most of them are over 100meg each. The smallest one is "rlintro" (about 23meg). I duplicated "rlintro" 7 times, and then re-named them to match the other 7 huge movie files. (best to put the duplicates and the large files in seperate folders so you can re-name them, then delete or move the original large files, once youve renamed the duplicates, and copy the renamed duplicates back to the "movie0" folder).

This created a set of files small enough to put on a DVD. If you want to make it even smaller (1.4meg i think) repeat for all the other "movie_" folders. All these folders seem to have exactly the same files in them.

I then ISO'd them using ISOMAKER, and burnt to a DVD using RECORDNOWMAX.

The game works perfectly, but obviously the cut scenes may not be true to the original. (I haven't yet played it alot so I cant guarantee it will work later in the game).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2004
  6. BC_1969

BC_1969 Member

Hey guyz. Sorry but this might be off topic but i tried to back up my copy of NRL Rugby League but it is almost 5gb. Also my burner also doesn't reconise 4.7gb. It only allows to burn 4.5gb. I suppose what i am asking is how do i get it on 1 dvd and if i need to ommit some files which ones do i leave out. Thanx in advance!!!