1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTL PINs and DreamBox DM500C

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by IceBlerk, Apr 6, 2007.

1. IceBlerk

IceBlerk Guest

I have just hooked up a DreamBox DM500C to my NTL feed. Everything works fine. A little too fine perhaps. Some of the NTL feeds are protected by a PIN (Movie channels show 15+ certificate movies for example). When I select one of these channels I am advised to press my red button and enter my PIN (which I know). When I press my red button on my DreamBox remote I get the EPG.

So, my question is this : How do I enter a damn PIN or remove the PIN protection?

Many thanks.

B

2. maurona

maurona Member

hello iceblerk,think i,ve found the answer,go to all services,than you will see all channels listed,scroll down till you get to the newly named movie channels,ie sky indie,notice it is listed twice,select the one that has got HID next to it,this will be the unpinned version,apart from that all u have to do is reorganize your bouquets,hey presto sorted,hope this was of help.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  3. IceBlerk

IceBlerk Guest

Sure enough, all I had to do was wait, re-scan and use the "HID" channels.

Problem solved.

Thanks for the help.