1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTSC chip compatibility

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Raptor455, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Raptor455

Raptor455 Guest

One little question that i think i know the answer but i want to be sure.

I live in canada and i bought a legal game from japan. Now i want to play it wich mean i have to chip my Playstation 2 but i dont want to pay the price of a DMS3 chip if i can prenvent it. Here pretty much all modder offer me to install a NEO12 Modchip for an acceptable price. The question is will it be able to play all my NTSCJ games without any flicker and image problems.

Also is this chip reliable because each modders offer to install this chip but nobody ever talk about it on the boards.

I have a v10 PS2 (bought it less than a month ago with the integrated modem)

thanks for the answer.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

NEO12???

3. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

NTSC is NTSC, so your Jap-Ntsc game will work on your N.A.-NTSC PS2 perfectly, except for the region check. I'd recommend you get a DMS3 chip, but that's a topic in several other threads, so I'll leave ya to decide which is best for yourself. coughDMS3cough. But to your main question, yes, the NTSC is the same.

4. account

account Guest

get the magic V 56k it will work great and it is a basic chip that is very stable and doesnt have any problems with loading games. the dms3 is the best chip out there so its going to be more expensive but for what your wanting to do is to play backups and imports so the magic V56k would be perfect. if you want to play pal games you'll have to patch the game image for it to work properly on your tv.

check your pm