1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTSC game wont load

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by loki99, Sep 21, 2004.

1. loki99

loki99 Member

Hi, I've had a modchip for a long time but I'm not sure which one it is, I assume an old one. Anyway, it's been problem free up till now, where I can't load NTSC games, they just hang. I have a PAL xbox and a PAL TV..it can't be the TV cos there's no images coming through at all. Can anybody help??

Thanks in advance

2. debs182

debs182 Member

You need a pal switcher so you can switch to ntsc mode, try the firefuckers 1.1 disc which you can download from suprnova.org, look under x-box games and it should be there. But be careful when using this disc, install the pal switcher only. If you don't know what chip you have and you're not sure what you're doing then visit a site called x-boxscene, they have everything you need to know, tutorials etc.

3. loki99

loki99 Member

Nice one, thanks a lot. It just seems to be recent releases that are sufferign this problem, never had it before.

I also keep getting "disc dirty" errors, I don't suppose you have any ideas about what's causing this?

4. FullySik

FullySik Guest

when it says disc is dirty that means you need to use a different type of cd or dvd (different brand) because your xbox cant reconize that one and for the ntsc and pal swither get enigma pal ntsc switcher from x-b-o-x.net

5. debs182

debs182 Member

Yeah try ritek a very good brand

6. loki99

loki99 Member

Thanks

I've used datasafe to make backups in the past without any problems so I can't see why it would be the media. I think I need to try this pal ntsc switcher rather, but then comes the hassle of evox. Anyway, cheers again.