1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTSC-J handles NTSC-U Resident Evil 4?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Fidyyuan, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Fidyyuan

Fidyyuan Member

I got my Japanese wii modded with Wiikey and I'm wondering if RE4 (the US version) can be played on it. I am afraid of bricking my Wii so could someone please tell me if it's safe or not? My Wii is currently at 2.2J.

2. LeDav007

LeDav007 Member

Can't tell for sure if there is a risk of bricking or not, but RE4 US does work fine on a NTSC-J and I haven't read anywhere about it bricking.

But can't you remove the update on an ISO to be safe ?

I always do it, so that's why even if I have the game, I can't tell you if there is a risk of brick or not... so stay carefull not sure if it is safe or not yet...

3. Fidyyuan

Fidyyuan Member

Mmm...I'm planning to buy the game since it isn't that expensive anyways so as long as I have the latest version (2.2J), I should be fine right?

4. LeDav007

LeDav007 Member

First I would like to say that it is a good thing that you plan to BUY the game, can't congratulate you enough for this ;-)

But for me when I buy a game that is out of my zone I always make a backup that I patch to remove updates if I can't find information that the game is safe. (Well anyway I always play with backups because I have already scratched and killed enough originals... Game DVDs are 60 euros quite fragile...)

I repeat I did not see anywhere that RE4 US bricks 2.2J but did not try it for myself so can't confirm 100%... I'm pretty sure it has an update on it, just don't know if it's ok with 2.2J.

The only game I know for sure to brick 2.2J is Big Brain Academy US, so I guess yours is probably safe...