1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTSC ON PAL PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by p4_tt, Jan 12, 2005.

1. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

If i have a NTSC game and play it on a PAL ps2 what will happen will it play the game in Black & White or will it not run at all? I know i can use Swap Magic (i think) to boot a game that is in NTSC to play on PAL but i just want to know what will happen if i just stick the game in a PAL Ps2?

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

If you mean a NTSC on an unmodded PAL PS2, then it wont work at all because of the region protection.
    I have a v9 PAL PS2 with a Matrix infinity chip and I play NTSC games on it no problem, although i did have a slighlty poor picture when connected to my TV via RCA connectors, but now i'm using SCART and its 100%.

3. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

My PS2 is version 7 i have Swap Magic 3.3 so i think it should work. Thanks for the replay, i was just wondering what would happen ;-)

4. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

I don't anything about swap magic I'm afraid. But i'm sure i've heard that they can convert NTSC games to run on PAL. If not, there are patches available for backups.

5. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

The thing is i don’t want to make a back-up or convert it into PAL i wont to use the original copy of it, when you load Swap Magic up it gives you the option of booting in PAL or NTSC so hopefully it will boot the game, Am newish to the whole Import\back-up so i may sound dumb ;-)