1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ntsc-pal

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nessye, May 14, 2007.

1. nessye

nessye Guest

hey guys!!!
    my name's Vanessa. I currently live in Tulum, Mexico but am originally from Italy where I bought various Playsation2 games. Unfortunately, I had no idea that Mexican Playstation2 units only read NTSC games. I would like to know if there is any way (not too expensive and nothing that will harm my PS2) to get my PS2 to read both NTSC and PAL games. It would be such a shame to have wasted all that money on great games that I have yet to play!!!

thanks alot'
    ness

2. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, you can mod your system. If they are original games your best bet is to get a good mod chip installed like:
    Crystal Chip V2.0
    Matrix Infinity Green Dot
    DMS4 Pro SE

those can all play games from all regions.
    Swap Magic is another way you may be able to do this cheaper, but since it is made to play back up copies (burned copies) of games i am not sure it will work the same way with original discs. IT can play all regions to but not nearly as well as a good mod chip.

3. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

If your PS2 is a slim and you simply want to play original games, mainly imports you're having trouble with i.e. your PS2 can play NTSC games but not PAL games, then Swap Magic would be an easy and cheap alternative to playing them and the installation is nominal. If you want mere convenience and curious about preserving your original games, leaving them intact the same condition the day you opened it, getting a mod-chip would be an extremely nice alternative compared to getting a Swap Magic disc because you don't have to worry about rebuilding certain games and swapping discs every time you play (if that really bothers you). Although I say you should get a mod-chip, if so, I highly recommend you get an old PS2, particularly, the fat PS2s so you don't have to suffer from overheating issues from the slim PS2. Even in the newer slimline, air ventilation is horrible, and, unless you pay a close attention like me when playing games on the slim PS2, you'll notice slight slowdowns and such after an hour or two of play. Even I'm thinking of modding my old fat PS2, but only when my laser finally dies out will I consider getting a mod-chip and a laser replacement.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

agree, modding a fat PS2 is much better and cheaper. You can get a good chip and install an internal hard drive and really get the most from your PS2. Plus the heat problem mentioned above is not a factor.

My slimline doesn't have heat issues but that is only because i had it put into an HD Combo case (which has dual fans and you can have an internal hard drive). But it is an expensive mod to do.

5. nessye

nessye Guest

thanks alot guys!!!
    I'm glad there are nice people out there who know alot more about these things than me...
    I'll try and get a mod-chip (my games are original and always will be) this Saturday and then let you know...

besos,
    ness