1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTSC to Pal Conversion Problems!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Gatucho, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Gatucho

Gatucho Member

In first place Hello to all!

Now let see if some one can help.
    The first problem begins with some NTSC format Games that shows in my recently Modded (RIPPER 3) ps2, they appears black/white (As i have a rgb cable i supose the problem whasn't from here). i try to convert then
    to a iso file using DVD Decryptor and then apply PS2 NTSC to PAL VMode XChanger, i burn about 5 dvds and they even where detected by the ps2, then i try to burn just the image created by DVD Decryptor and this one use to do the same thing. Then i use Alcohol 120%, and use the created .mds to burn a new dvd and this one works, i use UltraIso to convert .mds to .iso and burn once more that image in a dvd and gess what? ... the same sh... when i make the convertion the image just dont work... anyone could help me?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  2. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/ps2_ntsc2pal_yfix.zip

3. Gatucho

Gatucho Member

Thank You a lot nrk4594 !!!

Today is just a little bit late, but tomorrow i will test this baby and i will post my results!

One more time.....THANK YOU nrk4594 !!

4. Gatucho

Gatucho Member

Well I try and i mnage to success!

The main problem where trying to copy DVDs backups using dvd decryptor! Thats right!

The Iso files created using dvd decryptor didn't work...
    Solution:

1.- Create a Iso os the Backup DVD using UltraISO
    2.- Aply the patch "ps2_ntsc2pal_yfix" - (thks 2 nrk4594) in the created Iso
    3.- Burn Iso using UltraIso at 2x

Note: I use Memorex DVDs and works smoodly nothing to tell about just fine

I hope thhis could help anyone!

5. petten

petten Member

there's an easier way without added fixes and stuff ( an a lot of coasters)
    simply use the cdloader
    start with the swapmagic-cd, load it up and change the normal setting to pal or ntsc,
    then swap with the cdloader , switch with the dvdloader( if it is a dvd), and press X twice, then swap with the backup and the game is in colour!
    it play all my ntsc-backups(and original ntsc-games)in colour on a pal-tv like this
    it just doesn't work for one game that I know of and that is star ocean( and still I don't know why)