1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTSC to PAL dvd transcoding

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by cristi74, Sep 25, 2007.

1. cristi74

cristi74 Member

Hi
    Does anybody know how to transcode a NTSC dvd (720x480) to PAL dvd (720x576) using CCE Cinema Craft Encoder and Avisynth ?
    Is there a script for Avisynth that works on m2v files resulted from demuxing the NTSC dvd so that it will work with CCE ?
    Thx.

2. georgeluv

georgeluv Regular member

welcome to the undecypherable world of CCE. i pray to god you didnt pay retail for it.

anyway, you need a program called "fitcd" it specificly made for making avisynth scripts.

the script you want is pretty simple though, first the resize filter then "changeFPS (29.97)" make sure when you do the resize you float it right and you take into account the ratio shift if you want to make it anamorphic, wich you should if its widescreen.

cce is a wonderful prog, fast as hell. from what iv heard and seen procoder is just as good though, and you can run multiple instances of it so even though cce is faster procoder is better cuse you can do two at once, making it acualy faster. plus procoder is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier to use.

i use cce-sp because its suposedly the best non-hardware encoder money can buy, but ill probably be switching to procoder soon enough iv had it with cce's confusion.

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@georgeluv....... I have both ProCoder2 and CCE SP...... CCE, in my opinion is better than ProCoder for it's speed and when I put frames from both CCE and ProCoder together for observation I really can't tell the difference! As far as using ProCoder in multiple instances your speeds will depend on your system! And I didn't see any significant increase in speeds at all and still CCE was faster. My machine is a Dell XPS running at 3.78Mz with Hypothreading, 1036FSB, and 2GB of RAM. It's almost 3 yrs old now but still running strong! My friends have dual core machines and mine still blows there's away! anyways.... just thought I could put in my 2 cents.