1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTSC to PAL

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by walterono, Mar 24, 2007.

1. walterono

walterono Guest

Is it possible with any of the Nero 7 applications to convert an entire DVD, menu structure and all, from NTSC to PAL?

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Open any Nero app...click on More, then Video Options.

[​IMG]

3. walterono

walterono Guest

I have an NTSC DVD I want to convert to PAL exactly as it is with the same menu structure. Which Nero app should I use? I can't use the copy option in Nero Burning Rom because there doesn't seem to be an option to change the TV format. If I use NeroVision would I have to remake the menu myself?

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Nero Recode

5. walterono

walterono Guest

Where in Nero Recode does it allow you to change from NSTC to PAL?

6. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Not possible (at least in version 6). You can do a Movie Only conversion though.

Also not possible (version 6).

Do note though that many newer PAL setups can usually play NTSC if you remove the Region Coding. That can be done with Recode, DVDShrink, and DVDDecrypter.

7. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@MysticE,

Read the ORIGINAL post, he/she is asking about Nero 7, why are you referring to NERO 6

@walterono, I have just re read your question, I am thinking it is NOT possible with Recode...possibly you will have to rip to hard drive and then try to burn these files using NeroVision but as I have never tried this I cannot be certain, sorry for the confusion.

Maybe binkie7 can shed some light on it, good luck

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  8. MysticE

MysticE Active member

OK, I'll restate things then. There is NO one stop solution to convert NTSC discs to PAL and retain full functionality of the menus. Nero Recode 2 (which is included in Nero 7) has absolutely NO means of converting between TV standards and anyone stating such obviously has no knowledge of the program or for what uses it is intended. That kind of misinformation should make you leary of any advice by that poster.

Also note that although PAL to NTSC conversions can look pretty good, NTSC to PAL usually look horrible. Not only will you have jerky playback due to framerate conversions, you will also lose clarity as you will have to resize the video's height from 480 to 576.

Again consider that in Europe the large majority of standalone players AND TV sets are perfectly able to play NTSC DVDs... under the condition that the discs are enabled for Region 2 or Region free.

Good Luck on your quest.

9. nopasswar

nopasswar Member

so, for example If I wanted to change a 24 fps avi file to play using PAL I shouldn't bother if my dvd player can play ntsc (note, if using dvd decrypter it'll be region free anyway)
    Basically, If I want to change a 24 fps to a 25fps then burn using convertxtodvd I shouldn't bother if my TV/DVD player can run it?

Cheers in advance