1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nu DDW 081/082 drive not working

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by ladycage, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ladycage

ladycage Member

Hi I am new here but I can't seem to get my DVD burner to work. When I turn my pc on the drive tray opens and stays open unless I hold it close. If I put a dvd in the drive, it doesn't recognize the DVD at all. The drive shows up on my device manager. I flashed to 377 firmware but that didn't seem to work. Does anyone have any advice on what the problem could be.

Thanks

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

It looks like the burner model is about 3 years old. If it is still under warranty, I would see about getting it replaced.

If not, I would pull it out, and put a new burner in.

Before you do that, make sure the eject button isn't sticking.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  3. ladycage

ladycage Member

I already installed a BEn Q burner that works fine but I want to fix this one because it was hardly used so I think it must be a software or firmware issue some how because it use to work but when I had to reinstall XP it didn't work any more. The eject button works, the problem is getting the tray to close and also getting the drive to read the disk or recognize that a disk is in the drive.

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You can try flashing it again. You have nothing to lose.

Also, do a search of the net for that burner, and see if there are any known problems with it.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007