1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NV Essentials SE - what happened to the disc space?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by singjai, Jul 5, 2007.

1. singjai

singjai Member

I'm trying to burn an MPEG2 as a DVD, no menu. Nothing else. It should fit on a standard 4.38 DVD.

File is 1:48:41. 3.74GB.

Message (in red): Total space used 4.85 out of 4.38 GB. (Quality: Excellent)

That is the message I get at every transcoding quality setting, except Super long play--which returns this message: Total space used 2.60 out of 4.38 GB. Which still seems bigger than it ought to be for SLP.

I'm running XP MCE 2005 and wondering, what the frack?

Never had this problem with Nero Vision Express 3.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Can you tell Nero to make a DVD9 and output to the hard drive, then use DVD Shrink to fit to a single layer disk.

3. singjai

singjai Member

I actually did the first part. Nero didn't make the file larger--on the HD it saved as 3.74GB. But it wouldn't let me burn to a DVD5 with or without DVD Shrink. Still gave the old error message. Total space used 4.85 out of 4.38 GB. (Quality: Excellent)

Then I found Nero 7 Ultra Edition (full retail box) on sale essentially for $20 after rebate and was able to replace OEM Nero Vision Essentials, and the problem went away. Funny how throwing money at something solves problems that oughtn't be there in the first place.