1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVE Quits in middle of compile

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by bbmayo, Jan 27, 2005.

1. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ok I have helped a lot of people on here now I need some help :)

This just started happening recently (last couple of weeks)
    I record TV shows on my PC threw my ATI All in Wonder Pro video card in DivX format.
    Then I cut out all the comercials using virtual dub. Then I run them threw NVE to combine them, create menus, and convert them to DVD compliant video (MPEG2). Any way this has worked great for a long time and now it always just quits and shuts down (NVE shuts down) right in the middle of the compiling process? (compiling to HD) It dosent give an error leave a log or anything? Heres what I have tried to no evail
    1. Reload/ update Nero/NVE
    2. Update all driveres video/sound/DVD Rom ect..
    3. Install ASPI drivers
    4. Shut down all processes while compiling
    5. System restore to earlier time when it worked
    6. Insured my drives were all in DMA modeI'm kind of at a loss on this one? everything else is working perfectly fine Shrink/ Decrypter/ WinAVI/ Nero/ Copy2DVD/ AnyDVD/ VirtualDub/ all other proggys are fine just not NVE? Has anyone run across this or know the fix please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated thanks, :)

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Wow. You've done all the obvious stuff, and then some.

One thing you don't mention is which version of NVE you are using, or whether the recent update to NVE might be a factor here.

Some troubleshooting ideas...

1. Go back to basics. Start simple. Take a couple of your captured vids, skip the editing with virtualdub, throw them into NVE, and see if you can export them out to a combined mpg file.

2. If that doesn't work (still), then grab a couple of avi or mpeg files that you didn't capture, just anything you might have grabbed off the web, and see if you can combine them through the NVE export process.

The process here is one of "divide and conquer." Break down what you are doing into simple parts to see if you can identify where the problem lies. Is it NVE itself, or is NVE just choking on something in particular? You've got a lot of things going on here -- the capture itself, the capture vid format, the editing in virtualdub, all this before you even get to NVE. Now if NVE can successfully transcode [bold]other[/bold] files you throw at it, then you need to look and see if something else has changed in the pre-processing that is going on.

Or, it could be the update to NVE. The thing to do first is see if you can successfully transcode [bold]anything[/bold].