1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVE3's video codec 'Nero DVD Decoder' is extremely buggy

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by 0pTicaL, Feb 4, 2005.

1. 0pTicaL

0pTicaL Member

After updating to NVE3 I noticed whenenver I open MPEG-2 or .VOB files I get Protection errors and Runtime errors because those files run on nero's Nero DVD Decoder video codec. I noticed when I disable that particular video codec from running my MPEG-2 and .VOB files open fine without error. Some of you may wonder how did I disable a video codec from running. I use The Core Media Player as my video player and they have an option called 'blacklist' which disables certain video or audio codecs from running. Because WMP and Nero ShowTime cannot choose which video codec to load on startup they default to Nero DVD Decoder codec and that causes those 2 media players to error upon load. I'm not sure if anyone else here has experienced this problem when trying to run MPEG-2 or .VOB files.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

NVE Sucks Big Time..It"s encodeing is Just awefull and it doesn"t even support the most Basic Features Like Importing of Dolby AC3 audio files and Motion menu"s and it has a Nasty Habbit of re-encodeing allready DVD compliant Mpeg-2/Vob files.....

You get Much better results useing a Good Standalone Mpeg encoder and a DVD authoring Program that will Not re-encode your Files ,Somethiung like DVDLab or DVDLab Pro are great programs for this....

Cheers