1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia geforce 6600 update?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by harryc88, Jul 16, 2007.

1. harryc88

harryc88 Guest

i've just recently brought a copy of cs: source and it says that my drivers are out of date.
    i've got version 6.14.10.6770. and when i look for updates it says forceware and it says that i cannot update... why is this? can anybody give me a link to find the correct update?

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Try going to the nVidia site: www.nvidia.com

Click on the download drivers tab on the upper left of the page. It will ask you a series of questions; ie. you want the Graphics Driver choice, the GeForce 6 Series response (for your 6600 card), and your computer OS - like XP or whatever. It gives you a ForceWare Release 162 to download (with the choices I listed).

Check the Products Supported tab. Its shows that this Release does support the GF6600 card.

You will need to uninstall your current drivers before trying to install the new drivers. ALWAYS keep a copy of the old drivers incase you need to go back. There is a Driver ARCHIVE in case you need to download drivers older than the current Release.