1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400M GT

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by He_Man, Jun 23, 2007.

1. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

Hello people, im thinking of buying a new laptop soon.I came across SONY AR series laptop(preorder) with a NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400M GT

I looked it up on nvidias website and it states
    With support for Microsoft® DirectX® 10 Shader Model 4.0 and High Dynamic-Range Lighting (HDR), GeForce 8400M GPUs let you rip through all of today's most advanced and cutting-edge games and applications. Experience real-time photo editing, or immerse yourself in the most complex, true-to-life gaming environments ever experienced on your thin and light notebook PC. And since all GeForce 8 Series GPUs are designed to support Windows Vista™ you can rest assured that you'll be enjoying your notebook PC well into the future.

So you think this is worth the moeny or stick to the Nvidia 7600?

Thanks in advance

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

im not sure i fully unerstand your question.

i will guess.

the 7600gt will most likly give better performance (this to is a guess and i would gues its only slightly more) than the 8400m in most games but it will not ever support dx10.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Afaik the mobile 7600 is not the same spec as a 7600GT, but I still think it should be better.

4. He_Man

He_Man Regular member

thanks guys.wont be getting one till christmas so enough time to see what the manufactures can offer.