1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nVidia GF2 mx 400 help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Clore, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Clore

Clore Member

K heres the problem. Im running an AMD 1000mhz processor with 512mb of ram. And i just installed a Geforce 2 MX 400. AN while playing games such as Halo and DiabloII LOD, the graphics are all weird. Things that should exist in the game arent there. In halo, the gun doesnt even show up where it should be. The halo ring on the main page is black, all you can see are the lightest parts on the ring. Every thing else is just black.

If any one could help me out, that would be awesome.

Thanx Clore

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

are you using the latest video drivers & also latest directx. what windows you using??

3. ianski7

ianski7 Guest

4. Clore

Clore Member

Im using Windows XP-pro and i have the latest drivers from the nVidia web site. Ill try your link but i think i already have em.

5. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey

The GF2 MX400 is only a 32mb Graphics card.

From memory Halo needs MINIMUM requirement is 32 but at least a 128mb graphics card for good performance.

You may have to turn the Graphics to Low in the Games, but that wont help much, it will just look crappy, and 'might' improve it, but not much.

Basically, your best to, if you have the money, go out and get a 128mb or 256mb Graphics card and put in your PC.

CJC

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

the card could also be a 64meg version which i have in my system. what directx version are you running??