1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVM! - Gateway GM4019E motherboard/video card replacing. Need suggesions

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by vcbc, Feb 7, 2008.

1. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/1008907/1008907sp3.shtml

I think the mobo/video card is dead, there is no video. But it could be the cpu, is there a way to check these? With cpu the hdd spin, without it doesn't. Also there is no visible led on the mobo, the computer does not beep in any way, and the hard drive activity light blinks when the cd drive blink (if i open cd drive n close)

Well, im guessing this is a motherboard issue and want to spend about 100$ for this comp add some ram or something it comes with 1gb so its not that bad. But need a new video card/motherboard n probably cpu fan for about 100$ any ideas on what i should get. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186115 That has built in video card is it any good?(i really don't like it this way since if mobo is dead then video card is too, n some other reason but w/e this is the only one on newegg with a built in 1). Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Nvm got a extra 1gb of ram, and a new mobo and cpu fan, hope this will work...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well, best of luck with it, but I'll post what I was going to anyway - avoid using Foxconn motherboards, they're cheap and nasty.

3. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Mother F..... lol that sucks just the one i got too... it was same brand as the one gateway used. I always go with asus, but socket 939 is hard to find now.
    hopefully the one im going to get would not be defective and stuff... ever heard of the brand msi? those any good? i heard there not, then i heard there good.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well, Gateway use pretty cheap components, so it's unsurprising they used a naff brand. However, you're lucky to find a socket 939 board at all, they don't exist in the UK any more, at all. MSI are a decent brand btw.