1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nyko Intercooler Version

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by sirksam, Jan 29, 2007.

1. sirksam

sirksam Regular member

Well...I saw the Nyko Intercooler thread on this forum, and I noticed there was something about a V2 Nykoo Intercooler in that thread, someone in that thread said they made a V2 and bought it in November 2006 and it has no power switch on it and it their 360 hasn't broken yet, I bought my Nyko Intercooler a few days before January 2007 and my Intercooler has no power switch on it, and it also hasn't broken my Xbox 360 yet, but I'm not sure if I should take it off or not, because I want to be able to play games longer without it heating up but I don't want to risk of knowing my Intercooler will break my 360, any answers anyone? I need to know the real deal with the versions, if you could tell, thanks would be appreciated.

2. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

3. mrlip

mrlip Regular member

Ive used the intercooler fine for about 5 months. Thats with the 360 being on for long periods of times aswell, I think maybe just some of them are defective or not connected properly which causes it not to be grounded properly

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

No power switch is the new model.

This Nyko problem came to light months back and only affected a handfull of people. Nyko claimed a bad batch of fans and would replace any 360.

If you pick up an intercooler now you'll be fine. They wouldn't keep selling a bad $14 product and risk having to replace a $3-400 console.

I've installed whispers on other 360's and still prefer and run an intercooler on mine. You can really feel the nyko pushing the air. And I got it last summer. I play daily and have played 11 hours once.

5. sirksam

sirksam Regular member

Oh ok awesome, thanks for the tip.