1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nyko Wireless Net Extender or Sony Network Adapter?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by CLiPsEmX, Apr 6, 2004.

1. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

I am very interested in playing ps2 games online. I know that you can use the ps2 network adapter to get online but I also heard of another adapter made by Nyko which is wireless. There is a major price difference though. The ps2 network adapter is only $40 and the Wireless Net Extender is $100. Now I know that the Wireless extender is probably much easier to install but is it better than the ps2 network adpater? The Nyko one is wireless so there will be no need for like a 10 foot cable between my tv and comp. So which is better? And is the installation for the ps2 network adapter hard?

2. 21XL

21XL Guest

Actually you need the Sony Network adaptor to get online with your PS2. The Nyko Wireless Net Extender is basically a simplified wireless router so that you can have both your PS2 and CPU online at the same time. So you need the Sony Network adaptor to go online, but the Nyko product is to make your broadband use easier.

3. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

So you connect the wireless net extender to the ps2 network adapter.

4. 21XL

21XL Guest

Yes, one of the sensors for the Nyko adaptor sits near the PS2, while the other sensor sits with the BB modem you have with your CPU.