1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nzbsrus.com taken down?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Nelmeco, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

I'm not really sure where to put this thread, I hope this is the correct place, but back to my question. What has happened to nzbsrus.com? If you know anything please let me know, thanks.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Im wondering the same thing.
  4. redrum801

redrum801 Member

anybody here anything on nzbsrus.com ???? ive tried logging on since sunday afternoon and ive gotten nada !
  5. Nelmeco

Nelmeco Regular member

It is my favorite nzb site! Does anyone know of any alternatives that are free and just as good as that site?
  6. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Does anybody else also know of any other good sites?
  8. hoddey

hoddey Regular member

9. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

It is back up on Oct 2.
    Just went there.
  10. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Im getting MAD pop ups now! whats the deal with Nzbsrus?
  11. neardark

neardark Member

hey dunno whats going on with nzbsrus but it looks as if he was trying to sell the site, not great for those who purchased lifetime VIP'S and look at this link the site was taking in over 1400 dollars a month and he had the cheak to ask for donations saying he was struggling to pay the site fees. bollocks to that. greed always ends up getting the better of these sites.

http://www.sitepoint.com/marketplace/auction/1016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  12. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I get the same files at nzbmatrix with out the annoying popup adds, plus I don't get the 5 a day limit.
  13. s0ck3t

s0ck3t Member

No nzbsrus hasnt been taken down the server is having connectivity issues, and the new server isnt ready yet. We are working as fast as we can to get the site back up.
    The site was listed for sale for value reasons there was never any intention to sell the site, which was covered in a news thread on the front page some time agao. In anycase the site will be back in a bit hopefully sooner rather then later. I will run a new irc using a alt address in a little while as i am fixing my server at the moment i will update the poast when i have the server addy for you guys and gals.

thank you for pointing out another nzb sit btw. personally i like merlins-portal as well but hey we can drop names all day if you would like.

Thank you to all of you who are loyal to nzbsrus.com. Well be back soon.

Thank you,

Clint
    A crazy ass admin of nzbsrus.com
  14. neardark

neardark Member

"Thank you to all of you who are loyal to nzbsrus.com. Well be back soon." i think it comes down to more the case of them getting the nzb and not the loyalty to the site. its hard to be loyal to a site that has so many issues, and you got pissed when someone mentioned another site?? he was helping people with an alternative, not name dropping!. and lol wtf a !crazy ass member of the admin". i think somehow you got the crazy part right but not in a good way.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  15. big_tekka

big_tekka Member

I wouldn't put too much stock into any negative connotation derived from what he said. It is my impression that anyone on their end has a limited grasp on the English vocabulary. That being said, this situation is exactly why I never paid for a VIP account, I just live with 5 (or less nzbs) a day, and those that I can't get from nzbsrus can be easily found on binsearch. Although not it would appear I'll be needing a new strategy. Shame...

Giving merlins-portal a go... boy does it have a lot of redundant categories to choose from.
  16. big_tekka

big_tekka Member

pop up ads, where???? oh... you must use Internet Explorer :)

giving nzbmatrix a go... before when I went over to nzbsrus from newsbin (got sick of paying, go figure), their index was inferior to nzbsrus... seems a bit better, presumably since the big switch... as when nzbsrus did the fee based changeover, a great many likely migrated here to make a good site. Unrelated, but it was humrous to see nzbsrus moderate (i.e. censor) their boards when people 1st starting mentioning matrix... Shweet. :)
  17. s0ck3t

s0ck3t Member

Site is back up. Enjoy
  18. big_tekka

big_tekka Member

19. big_tekka

big_tekka Member

site is back down as of 2:53 CST. LOL
  20. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I dont see a limit with my account or have I gone over any limit at nzbmatrix.

I was being an ass :p I use fireF 99.8% of the time and forget about IE until I get to Nzbsrus. which hits me with the popups.
  21. big_tekka

big_tekka Member

Well, you may not see it, but unless you're VIP, they limit index retention to 20 days... not sure of any nzb download limit yet though as I've seldom used it (as of yet). I do like the layout better on nzbsrus... seems you have 1 added layer of obfuscation to download nzb on nzbmatrix and filesize/group would be better if it were viewable without another click. beggars (free) can't be choosers so... just comparing the two. Site up will always be better than site down. I'd imagine many NZBsRUs'ers are seeking new homes right about now :)

Firefox + AdBlockPlus + NoScript = no ads & no popups anywhere or anytime