1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oblivion, Saved Content, and the Banning!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by xHaydenx, May 24, 2007.

1. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

I didn't get banned because I haven't connected to Live since the banhammer came down. Anyhow, I put in Oblivion the other day, as I hadn't played it for a while, and when i went to load my game it said, "This save relies on content that is no longer available. Some objects may be missing, etc."

Does this have anything to do with the bans? The thing is, I don't have any DLC for Oblivion, so I don't know why it's saying this or what I could be missing.

any thoughts?

2. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Crap, sorry for the double.

3. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Anyone?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

can't say i have seen that message before. If you do not have any downloaded content and are not banned then i am not sure. It is possible that because you are not connected that there is a game update on Live available that is causing it. I have seen similar messges when playing Rainbow Six Vegas when i loaded new downloaded maps and others in the room did not have them. They were booted from the game and told they could not join due to the fact that they did not have the required content (new maps). But I have no REAL answer as to what causes the error.

5. Xan21

Xan21 Regular member

Maby u accidentally deleted some of the downloaded content? have no idea never seen this before.

6. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

I don't think that's likely, as if I hadn't been connected to Live, then how would the game know that there is an update even available?

This was my initial thought; the one that followed was something along the lines of, "Hey, what a second! I never downloaded squat for this game!"

I haven't played Oblivion a great deal since I got the weird error. I'll have to give it some serious gaming time and see if it has any adverse effects or not. Here's to hoping it's just some random blunder in the game.

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  7. Xan21

Xan21 Regular member

Well i hope it just a random blunder.

8. orbitor

orbitor Regular member

No I think you are right. I have the same issue. So far I have found that the wizards tower is missing. I know for sure because thats where I was storing all my stuff in the game. After checking my HD it shows that I still have it. My 360 did get banned and I thought that Might have had something to do with it.

9. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

But see: mine didn't get banned. I haven't been on Live since I heard of the ban.

10. orbitor

orbitor Regular member

hmm well I have also noticed that most of my saints row saves are corrupt two now. All the ones that were affected by add content dl from xbox live. I am going through the rest of my games to see if that is the case. I also went out and got a new xbox went on live fine. Unplugged internet connection to xbox and modded it. Save games still not working. Its almost like anything that was downloaded from live is now unusable unless I am connected to live.