1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd connection problem

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by LeDerp, Jul 18, 2011.

1. LeDerp

LeDerp Member

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong subforum, I didn't find anything more appropriate since my problem is actually related to P2P software.
    Basically, it seems that the connection I have here currently (temporary residence) blocks connections from outside my country. The problem occurs in two different ways:
    1) In uTorrent, I can only download from Norwegian seeders (I live in Norway), no others are even visible
    2) I can not connect to gameservers (It just says cannot connect to server), I have confirmed that they are up and running at the times I've tried to connect. Also tried several different games.

What I'm trying to ask is, could it be something in my router configuration, or should I contact my ISP to check what the problem might be?
    I'm using a Zyxel P-2602HWT-F3 Router, ISP is Telenor

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. Mez

Mez Active member

Why would you think it was your router? Your router is probably not smart enough to restrict your activities. It may be your ISP.