1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd Nero 6 problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Nututhis, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

I've been using Nero 6 for a while now & recently I have occured a strange problem. When I burn an ISO it used to take about 25 min (burning @ 2x b/c I cant find any firmware to burn @ 4x) & the timer would have an accurate time elapsed counter. Recently the timer will say time remaining 0:00 min but the burn process will be somewhere between 40 or 50%. Also the total burn time will eventually take 30-40 minutes. Ive un-installed the software & loaded a older version 6.3.1.10. I still have the same problem with this 1 as well. Any advice??

2. hogan

hogan Regular member

Check in the Device Manager to see if you are in DMA mode. If not, remove that IDE channel, reboot and let windows reinstall it. That should put you back in DMA mode (check in device manager to make sure). Hope this helps.

3. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

It appears that it was turned off. How, I have no idea. I deleted it & re-installed it & it it ripping faster. I haven't tried to burn yet though.

4. hogan

hogan Regular member

Should be fine. Glad I could help. It just goes to PIO mode sometimes.