1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OE cfw + DEVhook = BRICK

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by gasconade, Mar 20, 2007.

1. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

I have said this to people several times, an i still see the same thing happen every day...and people still wonder why I say devhook is useless....

DEVhook will re-arrange your flash...which is already custom...

DO NOT USE DEVhook with an OE unless you like expensive paper-weights..

that is all

2. vin002

vin002 Member

Lucky I saw this. Nearly so desperate to run a CSO movie file that I load Devhook to OE...

3. Deadeye_

Deadeye_ Guest

i have used Devhook whit my FW 3.03 OE-C and no problems, i have many times instaled devhook in my PSP and no problems

4. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

LOL, did you flash the configfile??? ha, that sucks, worst I got from devhook is the wallpaper problem, twice now.

5. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

I had that too. BSOD when it rebooted to the emulated firmware right?

6. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

installed in your psp? did you run flash install...or are you talking about just running the program from game..

cause you can run devhook from 3.03 OE-C, but when you try to flash install(firmware emulation), which is what a large majority of people who use devhook, use it for.....you brick your PSP

so if you can do something that I stated you cant, give her a try and let me know how that goes.... ;)

7. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

Thats rite npdyna, devhook is famous for f**king up your wallpaper now. I had this problem before it common, I was like the only here who had it back then :O.

8. vin002

vin002 Member

So Devhook can be installed in OE but don't run the flash?

So if I do that can solve the problem for me to play the movie CSO file?

9. Deadeye_

Deadeye_ Guest

i realy don't remember if i flashed or not but remember that i have instaled another firmware whit devhook. Firmware 3.11

10. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

from 1.5? or what FW? lol...ive seen it so many times...lol

11. Deadeye_

Deadeye_ Guest

i sead from 3.03 OE lol

12. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

i dont know anything about the custom firmware or install device hook with the custom firmware
    but when you have firmware 1.5 you can install device hook without flashing the files ,you dont need to use the flash install option

this is what i did (credits to juan2320)

from device hook 46 get a flash1 folder from a 2.71 FW and rename it to f1.
    dh\271\flash1 rename this folder to f1

if you are using dev hook 0.52 put that f1 folder in the 303 folder replacing the original f1 folder
    dh\303\f1

if you are using dev hook 0.520100 put that f1 folder in the 311 folder replacing the original f1 folder
    dh\311\f1

and then you dont need to flash the files i dont know if this works in the custom firmware

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  13. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

absolutely right...you can add all the DH folders and run UMD emulation no jive, but try flash installing and tell me what happens...if no one believes me....

I love this, prove me wrong! ;) LOL

14. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

i dind't say that i don't believe you, but i think that when booster made device hook he probably only tested in 1.5 sony official firmware i dont think that he tested in any custom firmware,it wasn't supposed to be installed in a custom firmware,if you want to install device hook with the custom firmware its better not to use the flash install option its a unnecessary risk

if you have the custom firmware why do you want to install device hook you dont need it do you?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  15. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

I love that explanation...I couldnt have said it better... you are absolutely correct!!! sony 1.5 was devhooks intended running FW...there are DHs for all these other FW, but 1.5 was the intended FW....so...

sure you can emulate UMDs, sure you can, Run the DEVhook GUI, & you can add whatever folders you like to add for the program.....(BTW: those 271 & 303 folders, are for emulating firmware, which is what we are discussing here...read; & watch, other people that dont read, brick their PSPs...and you will see just what I am talking about...

;)

16. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

sounds to me like your trying to brick people's psp.

17. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

not at all...I keep saying not to run flash install...but everyone wants to be the devils advocate...this aint school...but i can teach em a few things if they listen, instead of saying:

"oh well, it works perfectly for me", and then 2 days later "my psp is bricked"...

id rather try to give a proper explanation of why not to do it, rather than heresay...

devhook emulates one firmware from another.... if you try to emulate a sony firmware from a custom firmware; which has a different flash0+1 configuration(folder structure) alltogether, you will overwrite the flash....

worst comes to worst DEVhook defenders ;) I believe that this can be fixed VIA one of the eboots in the DH folders being replaced with some sort of OE-C meshed EBOOT/dxar data...

yaddamen?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007