1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OEM media by Taiyo Yuden

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by lantawbin, Apr 16, 2005.

1. lantawbin

lantawbin Guest

2. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

very decent prices...i would also be very interested if anyone else has any experience with these, IF these ARE in fact AUTHENTIC TYs...we just might have another very good opportunity here.

please post your opinions and media code ID if any other members get a chance to try these out. the website specifically states OEM TAIYO YUDEN, "Made by Taiyo Yuden in Japan" so if that is not false advertising, then this is a gold mine of a find. thank you lantawbin for pointing this out, i would dive right in on this just out of curiousity, but, im sitting on TOO many TY's right now, but would be very interested if someone could get a valid media ID code on this.

have a good one

3. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Agree, great deal if genuine. Never heard of Burnmaster media.
    Any knowledge about allmediaoutlet.com ?
    What does OEM Taiyo Yuden actually mean ?

4. kenneth1

kenneth1 Regular member

I have never seen TY package their discs like that before, I have bought a lot of TY, like the old saying goes, if its to good to be true, then it probaly isnt, I would be real careful about those

5. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

meritline had genuine ty 100 packs for 30 bucks a lil while ago.

6. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

That Meritline deal was for the 4X DVD-R and not grade A, but included free shipping. Their 8x TY were higher in price and did not include free shipping. They may have been grade A, however.
    The Burnmaster OEM TY deal above from allmediaoutlet.com is for 8X DVD-R and is described as "Premium Grade". The question really is whether or not this represents genuine, highest grade TY, and whether anyone has any experience with this dealer.

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I ordered the meritline special, on the 4x TY's for 29.00 wit the free shipping, got them in the mail and they were 8x TYGO2.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  8. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

the meritlines that i got were media code: tyg01 and were rated 4x, but w/ my burner they burn at 8x, and i know w/ many other burners they burn at 8x as well. So far no probs w/ em.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  9. kinza

kinza Regular member

i also ordered 4x ty's from meritline but received the 8x tygo2's.

10. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

u guys are always so lucky, i always get the 4x TYGO1s. :(

burnmaster sounds like a VERY generic name for a media company. hahahaha i am still hesitant about these, but, just waiting for someone to take the dive as if it were "beta" software, i am weary of these; i obviously can't rely on the luck to buy 4x and expect to receive 8x, won't happen for me guaranteed, but, if these are authentic, then i could pay for 8x at a good price, and receive 8x as stated. someone take the dive..hehe..share the wealth.

11. lantawbin

lantawbin Guest

OEM means that a company would look for a source for their product. In this case, Burnmaster bought discs from TY and probably branded their name on the tops.

I wish I could get a sample of the discs.

For those in California, FRY's has been selling 100 packs of Fuji DVD +/-R discs for 49.99. Look for made in Japan packages.

12. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

i would just wait until best buy has their fuji sales, it's 100 for $39.99 or 50 pack for $19.99, hey, save you $10 better than nothing right? i hate fry's, i've purchased so many components from them in the past only to find most of their "new" items were refurbished or missing parts in the box. i've returned everything i have ever bought from that store and will never be heading back in the near future. that's just MY personal experience and the sales staff there, don't know JACK about anything that they sell.

13. peachman

peachman Member

14. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

kivory666:
    The other rap on Fry's is their stance on rebates. All of the sale items seem to require one or more mail in rebates. When a vendor stiffs you Fry's will not help at all. I had to go it alone after Best Data wouldn't send me a valid rebate. Eventually I won, but took 11 months, not the 8-10 weeks promised. Fry's also sold and advertised 321 Studios DVDXCOPY products after being informed they were not honoring their rebates (in the months before the bankruptcy). I know because I sent them a letter telling them.

15. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

Fry's SUCKS, how can a company repackage REFURBISHED items and then turn around and sell them as brand new?? OMG this is so true with 90% of their computer hardware, as i build computers as a hobby, and used to purchase my parts from fry's locally rather than order them online to save on shipping costs. i seriously wouldn't be surprised if they have received RMA's or customer returns w/ dvd media whether a few of them were used or not in a spindle they would just re-plastic-shrink-wrap the spindle and sell them as brand new (the spindle could be missing a few dvds, or include failed burnt dvds or heck, memorex dvds that people are trying to abandon while returning for example a maxell/sony/fuji spindle). i have read somewhere that a customer purchased a FUJI branded spindle and found out the ENTIRE spindle was all memorex when he got home and opened it up~!!!

anyways, off topic yes, but, just wanted to warn anyone else out there considering buying from Fry's Electronics. i admit they have very competitive pricing, but, for computer hardware...RUN, run as fast as you can and do yourself the favor of buying online from Newegg or another reliable company. as for the rebate issue, i have been down that path too many times. few $100+ rebates in total for misc. hard drives, motherboards, etc. purchased from there were NOT honored and will never be. ended up losing more money than the potential of saving money on those rebate purchases.

16. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

17. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@ aabbccdd

may i ask where they are shipping to you from? is it from city of industry in california? as origin/beginning of shipment? you stated you ordered from them MANY times and have received TYGO2 Each and Every Time...i'd like to ask you to please teach me your tremendous luck technique~ thanks :)

18. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yup...city of industry are where there shipped from everytime ,iam in the Indianapolis area IN.

19. media007

media007 Guest

hi everyone,
    two friends of mine ordered burn master from www.blank-cd-cdr.com, one ordered dvd-r 8x speed, and another one ordered cd 52x silver lite-blue, and according to them, they both are real ty media.
    I just replied to the same topic on this thread if you wanna check it out, http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/182392

20. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@ aabbccdd

i am originally from Indiana myself, northwest tip about an hour from Chicago :) anyways, they are obviously shipping from the same warehouse no matter the destination in the U.S. i still want to know how you get so lucky? hehe. perhaps i could give you the money and you can place the order for me? haha. j/k. but, thanks for responding to my inquiry.

@ media007

i would have to see these discs for myself before i could validate the authenticity of these burnmasters. i have already had the misfortune of running into FAKE TYs earlier this year when i checked out the media ID code using dvdinfopro as well as dvd decrypter and dvdidentifier as well. they all checked out as TYGO2, but, i know 100% that the ones i have are FAKE. if you could please ask your friends that bought these burnmasters...to see if they can find either GD000000 or GG00000 on the inner hub inscribed/laser etched. that has been THE ONLY WAY i could confirm the validity of them being authentic or not, despite what the media identifier programs tell me it is. codes can be easily faked as i found out the hard way.