1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Office depot dvd-r / cdr media bundle

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by CharlesAB, Jan 7, 2007.

1. CharlesAB

CharlesAB Member

Can anyone tell me what this dvd-r "Office Depot" branded media codes out to (manufacturer)? I searched for info but dec05 was newest I found. At that time it was mentioned to be Ritek but I know this stuff changes weekly with some companies. My stand-alone doesnt like some media, and I seem to remember buying some of their brand dvd-r before and it turned out to say "CMC" or "princo" on the hub. thks
    The stores have this on sale currently.
    thks
    charles

2. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

they should code out as Ritek which is pretty good media not as good as Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim but good.

my system doesn't like Ritek media so i avoid them. unless your really short on money i would buy Verbatim or try to find Sony or Fujifilm thats (Made In Japan) they will code out as Taiyo Yuden or Maxell (MIJ)

3. CharlesAB

CharlesAB Member

Thanks for the info. My dvd recorder has no new firmware available and I started having problems with Verbatims after the 8x speed became unavailable any more in the stores. For some reason, it will burn the sony 16s, and the cheap HP stuff, staples house brand OK but gives me fits on verbs 16x. I keep it clean so it has to be the firmware, unless I just got abad batch of verb 16s, and I've tried 3 diff cakeboxes of them. Maybe time for a newer, better dvd recorder!
    charles

4. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

yeah i would opt for a new burner there running between 30 and 40 bucks for a good one brands to look at are

Plextor
    Lite-On
    BenQ (if you can find them)
    NEC are pretty good also and
    LG