1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

official 3.51 custom firmware out! its 3.50m33

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by scott2k7, Jul 17, 2007.

1. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

right then a group of russians has actually created a custom firmware which is 3.51m33
    here is the instructions
    A group of russian hackers have released a new PSP custom firmware which have got a lot of people rather excited. A few users seem to confirm it working but as per usual, only try such releases at your own risk. Help spread the word and DIGG THIS STORY

Summary of features offered by CFW v3.51 M33

- All functions of v3.51 firmware retained - PS1 support, high video resolution, MP3 visualizer, internet navigation, PS3 connection etc
    - Launch official UMDS which require v3.51 firmware
    - Direct launching of ISOs/CSOs
    - Direct launching of homebrews and demonstrations
    - Direct launching of PS1 images
    - Ability to alter the CPU speed of the PSP
    - Recovery mode
    - Multi-region
    - Bugfixes
    - Customize all your icons etc

Download: here

Instructions by Cocosman

Insructions:

1 - If your PSP is in firmware 1.50, copy the folders kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher% which are in the "1.50only" folder to ms0:/PSP/GAME/ and run the patcher first.

2 - if you already have firmware SE/OE, copy the folder M33CREATOR to ms0:/PSP/GAME150 if you have 1.50 copy to ms0:/PSP/GAME

3 - Download the firmware update 3.51 and rename to 351.PBP and copy into the ms0:/PSP/GAME/M33CREATOR/ or for 1.50 users to ms0:/PSP/GAME150/M33CREATOR/

4 - Download the firmware update 1.50 and rename to 150.PBP and copy into the "ms0:/PSP/GAME/M33CREATOR/" or "ms0:/PSP/GAME150/M33CREATOR/"

5 - on your PSP, run the "3.51 M33 CREATOR". Once finished, the PSP will return to the XMB, and a new program, the "3.51 M33UPDATE" appears!

6 -now run "3.51 M33UPDATE".

7 - Once finishes, press on X to shutt off. Restart manually.
    here is the download link
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/j7nj98
    or
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N9QZ88SL
    hope u enjoy !!!
    if this is already on afterdawn i checked but couldnt find it so sorry if i posted again mods

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Wow your behind man.. Someone made a thread about this a while ago. It's called New Custom Firmware 3.51.

3. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

well sorry dont chop my head off god i said i checked and couldnt find it so sorry

4. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

dont worry bout it man. s'all good.

5. MKC_

MKC_ Member

can you tell me which is the "best" firmware now to install on my psp? I just want to play games and other stuff and just it all works. and is it important which firmware to DL(when there is North America, Japan, ....) - I bought it in Europe

So, which firmware is GOOD?
    could you please post some links to DL working firmware?

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  6. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Sorry about that I wasn't trying to be an ass, just saying there's already a thread.

7. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

ok then soz ok and has anybody tried this this 3.51 m33 yet?

8. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

yep im on it. its pretty good, just dont customize ur battery icon or itll freeze a lot.

9. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

ok then does it have any plugins?

10. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

CWCheat just got updated to work with it and I'm pretty sure all you OE plugins will work. Does anyone know how to use plugins in m33? What folder do you make, because It's probably not seplugins.. Is it?

11. edmundoaf

edmundoaf Member

Anyone could watvh movies on this firmware?

I got the mp4 file named M4V00001.MP4 and tried MP_ROOT/100MNV01 folder as well as the video folder. When I put it on the video folder i see everything right on psp but it just won't play my movie...

Any guess?

12. CLARKE09

CLARKE09 Guest

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie and have recently got a PSP and have managed to dl some games but none of them work, they all say corrupted data. I have been trying to do some research and it looks like I need to downgrade to 1.5 or get something like 3.51M33, I think the latter is better as I want to have Internet access and be able to play new games still etc, am I right? Anyway it is a UK PSP and has 3.51 firmware on it. I have downloaded the 3.51M33 files etc and followed instructions to get the creator into my game folder on my MS, I press x on this and get usual PSP screen when it loads games, it goes black for a few seconds then says The game could not be started (80020148) any ideas?

Cheers,
    Nick

13. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

You're screwed. 3.50 was downgradable, you had to downgrade becuase only 1.5 can update to M33. You had you're chance, and you blew it. You gotta wait another 2 months.

14. CLARKE09

CLARKE09 Guest

OK, thanks I can wait, will just put loads of demos on it for now then! Cheers