1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

official custom themes... what u think

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by foxrider, Aug 6, 2007.

1. foxrider

foxrider Guest

i think sony should make custom xmb's so people who dont have custom firmware have a choice, i think that would be intense wat about u?

2. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

I don't think Sony would be able to do that, but, let's say they made an app that changed an official firmware's xmb, this would essentially be homebrew that alters flash0, homebrew (as far as we know) has no way of running on official firmware.

If Sony released an app like that, wouldn't the dev teams for PSP jump all over it to try and find out how Sony got homebrew to work on any version PSP, especially one that altered flash0?

If they found out, they would use this to be able to make homebrew downgraders for any firmware, correct me if i'm wrong?

This would mean far too much of a risk for Sony, but if they could get round this problem, then yes, it's a good idea.

3. foxrider

foxrider Guest

well wat i ment was not really an app. just if they had updates that had differant flash0, so it wouldnt be more or less of a risk...

4. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Well, in theory that actually sounds like it would work :)