1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Kingdom of Hearts Thread

Discussion in 'PS2 - Games' started by Nephilim, Apr 10, 2006.

1. superomio

superomio Guest

Exactly. Could you imagine how much money they would make if they released KHFM I+II and chain of memories worldwide? They would be raking it in. It seems kinda stupid not to release it worldwide.

2. unwritten

unwritten Member

Been a long time since ppl posted. So anyways I just wondering how does the action replay thing works? I been wanting to buy it but I get confused on how its suppose to work. I just want to play as Roxas and run aroudn as roxas. xD and also cheat more munny. xD So can anyone help me?

3. sparky009

sparky009 Member

Does KHII runs in HDD? Does it needs any patch?

4. abyss91

abyss91 Regular member

At least in Europe it does without patches. I assume you mean PS3... I got PS3 on Christmas and after playing Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction I just had to start KH1 again just for the improved graphics! About tenth time playing it I think... :D

5. sparky009

sparky009 Member

I mean in PS2. does it work in HDD? when it first came out, KHII woundn't work on HDD here in the Philippines

6. gttdi

gttdi Regular member

Kingdom Hearts IS DA BEST GAME EVER! Im gonna start my own thread with useful info on the game, it'll be named: "Mr Bubbles' Guide to Kingdom Hearts 2" in the Ps2 > Games section of this site. Ok then catchyas

7. moteza

moteza Member

I love the intro scene!

8. montz95

montz95 Guest

scam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2008
  9. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

I hate it when developers release games exclusively for one console. If they make one game for a console all the rest should also remain on that console as well! It's like a developers are selling out and letting down their old customers just to get new ones. Now unless you are a spoilt brat or have a tonne of money who actually owns all the different types of consoles that are availalbe right now?

Now we have Chains of Memories, Birth by Sleep, 358/2, Coded; all on different platforms! Yeah you can get CoM for PS2 but only if you live in Japan, like you said they would make a tonne if they sold the final mixes in the US and European markets.

Square are just being square.

10. kingsora

kingsora Regular member

(And for future reference, not just aimed at sparky for KHII)

HDLoader Compatibility for KH Games:

Kingdom Hearts (American Release) - Works flawlessly on the HDD.

Kingdom Hearts: Final Fix (Japanese Release) - Works flawlessly on the HDD.

Kingdom Hearts II (Both American and Japanese Releases) - Works up until you have to fly a Gummi mission, so basically you play until you get Sora and you've beaten Hollow Bastion. That's about 2-6 hours of gameplay depending on how you play, so it's more of a sampler/demo than a game. That said, I've beaten KH2 entirely off disc, but I still play and fool around to this day off HDD because there's like zero load time, and I've got at least S rank on all Gummi missions so I don't find myself flying all that much.

Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix (Japanese Release) - Non-compatible.

Kingdom Hearts: Re-Chain of Memories - Compatible, but I haven't gotten very far deserved I don't know Japanese.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  11. sora9909

sora9909 Member

wow, its been forever since i got on here last.
    anyways, i recently started a new kh2 game..
    and it made me wonder about kh3.

does anyone have any news on it?
    all i know (from reading websites on it) is that supposedly there will be a whole new set of character, and unlike my last little posting, sora will of course be in the game.
    but who knows..

12. omar0595

omar0595 Member

It looks like thyour a little slow on the KH scene, eh? :p There will not be a KH3. They are working on 3 Kingdom Hearts titles though. Kingdom Hearts: Coded (Mobile), Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP) and Kingdom Hearts: 368/2 Days (NDS). That video at the end of KH2 Final Mix that people thought were KH3, well its actually KH Birth By Sleep. The PSP one has been most anticipated though. Birth By Sleep will take place 10 years before the original Kingdom Hearts, therefore there will be no Sora.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  13. kingsora

kingsora Regular member

In the first KH title Sora was 14 years old. A game taking place ten years prior could in fact incorporate Sora, however minimally, especially in light of the fact that there are on multiple occasions cut scenes where Sora and Riku look to be no more than 4 or 5. This is, of course, (hopeful) speculation, but these cut scenes may allude to Squaresoft wanting to embellish on Sora's past which, in my mind, could be of extreme importance to the rest of the storyline.

In reference to the end trailer, why couldn't 3 take on 1? I wonder if they weren't meant to win the battle, but only to postpone that evil dude's plans to a time when some one (Sora) could stop them, or at least weaken him enough so another could finish him off. In this next installment I'd like to see development on the afterlife/passing of souls. Ansem, Xehanort's Heartless, possessed Riku in the first game. What if it wasn't the first time that that soul had possessed some one? What if Xehanort himself was a similar host whose shell, or Nobody, was lost? We know Xehanort's past is flaky, at best.

Also, I'd like to see more on keyblade lore: How does a keyblade choose its master, why can/does it change properties per the chain at its hilt, where did they come from and how were they made, what differences, if any, are there between keyblades?

Can't friggin' wait! (Gosh darn it, now I need to buy a PSP... Maybe I'll sell the Gameboy I got to play KH:CoM. :p)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  14. abyss91

abyss91 Regular member

Yes, I wouldn't see any sense making an independent game of Birth by Sleep. Therefore I think showing Sora's and Riku's past is required. And it's very probable anyway since their childhood was already shown in the original Kingdom Hearts

I think that may be told - and then maybe not.

It's likely to be told because it would deepen the storyline of every single KH game made this far.

It could not because I assume that Keyblades are meant to be some ancient origin. Thus no one might know their true story which would still remain a secret.

But I hope it shown. If not for any other reason - then for us players!

15. lucanoria

lucanoria Member

Does anybody have gameshark codes to play as roxas?
    I have gs2 v1.1 btw

16. bmillion

bmillion Member

does anyone,other than me, believe kingdom hearts 2 final mix on critical mode is waaay toooooo hard?? I mean i'm still in beauty and the beast the first time, which is sad :(

17. abyss91

abyss91 Regular member

How much harder is it compared to the original critical mode? Since it was way too easy... :/

18. bmillion

bmillion Member

lol that was just proud mode....critical made is insanely hard, they do double damage, and you only gain half the hp you do normally, im i'm correct. I know for a fact you only get half the hp, but im not sure about the damage dealt....

19. abyss91

abyss91 Regular member

Sorry, got the names messed up. Anyway, I didn't know the difference is that huge!

20. bmillion

bmillion Member

i wish i was good enough to beat it lol...