1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Movie Thread - Discuss movies here

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DVDBack23, Apr 29, 2006.

1. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I watched Paul Blart Mall Cop last night. It was kind of disappointing, IMO. It didn't have nearly the amount of laughs i expected.

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Amazingly enough, I did the same. I'd agree, but I definitely found certain parts of it very funny. A little sparse though.

3. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I liked it, mainly because it's the job I do (did do security at a mall for a while), but more for the humorous side to the job I do put on film.

This one and "Observe and Report" are two of our favs to come out recently about our job.

4. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I'll have to check that one out then.

5. adamryer

adamryer Guest

6. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

The film began post-production 22 December 2008. Hope this one gets released soon!!

7. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I haven't been in a movie theater in years, in my last visit to the UK in March my niece took me to see The Boat That Rocked, besides loving the movie which was great, to actually watch a movie where everybody kept thier mouth shut, what a pleasure, which is why I stopped going to theaters here in the States.

But man what a great movie, I couldn't wait to come home and tell my family and friends about it but was shocked it was not playing here nor did anybody even know about it, what a bummer, it had some great stars in it both American and British, I just hope we do get it on DVD.

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I did manage to see My Bloody Valentine 3D. I thought I was back in the 50's with my paper glasses. Could have been a lot worse.It was entertaining. give it a 5 for uniqueness.

9. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@EnigmaCM
    Nice clip - the respect and honor is amazing and rare these days outside the military.

Haven't heard about the 2nd Boondock Saints but thanks for the heads up adamryer - I'd love to see it. Boondock Saints was great.

I saw Terminator Salvation tonight. Loved it - great action flick and definitely need to see this one on the big screen.

10. adamryer

adamryer Guest

yeah looking forward to terminator salvation. Another summer flick I cant wait for is Rob Zombie's Halloween 2. The first one was awsome I love his movies!

11. EnigmaCM

EnigmaCM Member

I am waiting for Transformers 2, GI Joe, Gamer, Nightmare on Elm Street (which is currently filming in Chicago and parts of Cicero, IL, my home town), District 9, and H2.

12. adamryer

adamryer Guest

yeah the new nightmare on elm street should be good. I saw the trailer for district 9 yesterday and that looks pretty good too. Isn't it directed by the same guy who did the Halo short films?

13. EnigmaCM

EnigmaCM Member

Actually the short Halo 3 commercials but just the same, rumor has it if District 9 is to be a success, then Halo could/might/would be green lit for sure with Peter Jackson and Neill Blomkamp at the helm

14. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

From imdb pro:

All dates refer to when the comment was entered

10 June 2005 Announced
    Universal and Fox will distribute and filming should begin by early 2006.

27 December 2005 Pre-production

17 July 2006 Script
    Rumor has it Alex Garland's script will not be used and D.B. Weiss is working on a story draft

20 October 2006 Turnaround
    Fox and Universal have backed out of this project. Producers are in talks with other distributors.

31 October 2006 Production Unknown
    Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Microsoft, have postponed this project.

16 June 2007 Development was halted when finances were cut in October 2006.

5 July 2007 Fox has purchased filming rights and says the project will go on

6 October 2007 Turnaround
    Director Neill Blomkamp says, "The film is entirely dead."

12 October 2007 Development Unknown
    Officially canceled?

25 July 2008 Turnaround

The date linked to "Halo" is 2012 for US release.

15. binkie7

Saw Star Trek the other day - I must say I really liked it - dailun gave a good synopsis of what I would say about it.
    I really had no desire to see it but hearing all the good reviews we decided to check it out. The down side was me feeling old - my daughter had no clue who or what even Leonard Nimoy was or that there was even an original series. Geez kids these days :)

16. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol to be fair, the original series was 20 years before I was born, and I'm guessing I'm older than she is. That said, I was aware of Star Trek TOS from an early age, it was much later that I discovered the latter series, TNG,DS9,Voyager,Enterprise existed.

17. binkie7

Yeah it came out just a tad before I was born but still I mean it's Star Trek :D Then again I'm no trekker so it's not like Star Trek was a big thing in my house. Now Star Wars that's a different story :)

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

My childhood was in the serial "Flash Gordon" B&W era at the picture show! $.25 to get in. LMAO

19. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I remember watching those flash gordon serials as well as the tarzan ones on pbs late saturday night. I would stay up late just to catch them. They would show a block of them for an hour, then I would have to wait till the next week to see what happened next.

20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

It was a great gimmick to get you back to the movies the next Saturday. And we went.

Saw an unexpected good movie. "Powder Blue" gave it an 8, should watch it with your significant other. Reminded me of "crash" with lots of pole dancing. LOL