1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official PSone Emulator

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Haisook, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Haisook

Haisook Member

I've heard Sony has released an official PSone emulator for the PSP "v3.0 and above".

How good is that? and is there a link to it?
    And how much is a game on average?

Thanks...

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

It's not really a full on emulator. It does emulate some of the PSone hardware but there is some shortcuts sony took, so it doesn't have to emulate ALL the hardware from the PSone. It works wonderfully, if you have the official sony firmware it will cost you about 6 bux for a game but you will have to had spent 500-600 on a ps3 to download them. If you have a custom firmware you can download them over the internet and create ur own from your psone games.

3. Haisook

Haisook Member

Hmm... I must have a PS3? .. that sucks.

So there's no way to play them on the official firmware v3.02?
    I sure can get them from somewhere online and put them in the mem card.
    They won't work?

4. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Nope they HAVE to be downloaded from the PS3 when on the official firmware. there is a downgrader for 3.03 so u can upgrade to 3.03, downgrade, upgrade to a custom firmware and then download, play, and create ur own psx games.

5. guano

guano Regular member

HI HEXITNOW!!!

Yea, you can play these games on a v3.02 (official), but there is a new downgrader in case you're stuck at v3.03 or so... You can now downgrade to v1.50 and then back up to v3.03 OE-C, which has the PSone emu. Then you don't have to wait for Sony to pick and choose which games you get to play; you can choose your own and make them into EBOOTS to play.

6. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

Just completed THPS3 in a couple of hours, I wasted tooooo much time playing that back in my uni days. So much fun to be able to play all those games again, makes me wish I didnt sell my PS1 but i wouldn't need it now anyway.

I also found THPS4 for PS1???? I am sure that never got released in the UK, was it US only? Played it a little, its a bit weird, as nothing seems to be different from THPS3, Rodney Mullen is EXACTLY the same except for a new t-shirt colour, lol.

7. guano

guano Regular member

I found it odd b/c I never knew THPS 4 was released for PSone. Also, I'm having a bit of a challenge when it comes to some of the goals in the foundry. I can't complete all the challenges. Oh well, I'll use a walkthru. The one main thing I don't like about THPS3 and 4 for PSone was the challenges are TOTALLY diff. That sucks b/c I really liked the challenges in 3 and 4 and now to get used to doing other things is a bit off.

8. npdyna

npdyna Regular member

Whats giving you trouble in the Foundry?