1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Spanglish Thread

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jerry746, Apr 5, 2005.

1. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

Last edited: Jun 10, 2005
  2. memfrican

memfrican Member

That's "friggn" hilarious. Laugh. I'm glad you like my choice of words.

3. areamike

areamike Member

When using latest DVD Decrypter to copy Spanglish, I get Encryprion Detected! on multiple VTS files....

so far 4 files...??

Last edited: Jun 22, 2005
  4. mestapho

mestapho Member

It took me a ton of tries a ton of different ways to finally get spanglish backed up. First I tried just using 123 copy dvd to rip and burn. It wouldn't rip the first 5 chapters. Next used dvd decrypter which ripped files fine (I could watch the movie on my computer), but 123 copy dvd froze every time I tried burn it. Next I tried xcopy platinum to rip and copy but it wouldn't rip the file. Then I tried the simple copy on xcopy. It again ripped the files but wouldn't burn them. Then I downloaded the rf patch for xcopy and tried to burn from file ripped by dvd decrypter with no success. Finally I downloaded clonedvd and anydvd trials. I couldn't rip the file with this combo either. I finally got it to burn using clonedvd to burn the files ripped by dvdxcopy. clonedvd wouldn't burn the files ripped by dvd decrypter. I know its convoluted but it worked for me.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  5. brobear

brobear Guest

Convoluted... good choice of words. I'm glad most others aren't having as much trouble. Here's another word for you, I will have to say you were [bold]tenacious[/bold] where recording Spanglish is concerned. ;)

6. kemouse

kemouse Member

I finally got spanglish too. I used the 3.5.4.0 dvddecrypter from here http://rarewares.org/ and using the file mode extracted all the files to a folder. Then I used dvdshrink and opened the folder, went to reauthor and dragged the main movie over, removed subtitles and it encoded and burned. I was really doing this cause a friend who had just gotten a dvd burner told me he couldn't back this up, so it was kind of a challenge to do it. Thanks to all the input here that is.

7. areamike

areamike Member

FINALLY GOT SPANGLISH TO BACK UP!!!

Used DVD Decrypter3.5.4.0 *PLUS I had to run AnyDVD 5.1.1.1 in the background in order for DVD decrypter to decrypt WITHOUT errors. If I let DVD decrypter work by itself without AnyDVD, then Spanglish would not decrypt without Encryption protection errors.

After I ripped the files down with DVD Decrypter, I used DVD Shrink to shrink them and then burned with Nero...
    It's a PERFECT backup of my entire Spanglish DVD..what a relief!!!

8. dawg101

dawg101 Member

"label" might say "NOOB", but would be nice if some people could use the intelegence that is stored in this resource in order to decypher their difficulties. is not the first name I've gone by, but might be the last, this place is full of resources beyond your imagination (once you learn who to ask), so please use the info DB, otherwise people like me will have to answer your questions and let good people like mayo & squizzle fix you up

use the guides

9. dawg101

dawg101 Member

anything you can say about "anydvd" or what ever will be found here, but truth be told, with the teachings that I have recieved from the "Elders" of AD, I have reduced my coaster count to Zero, with exception of media failure

THANKS GUYS/GALS

10. dawg101

dawg101 Member

I'm sorry, I have to quit this thread, too much :

11. znet

znet Guest

Hello

Using my new external DL Memorex drive, I copied Spanglish using Sony brand DVD-R media. I used the following method...

1.) DVD Decrypter
    2.) DVD Shrink
    3.) Nero which defaults from DVDShrink.

I tried most other prgrams out there. These are the steps that worked.

12. brobear

brobear Guest

Once properly decrypted, using DVD Decrypter, AnyDVD or the like, it should be no problem to transcode the DVD with any of a number of programs. Shrink is just one of many that can be used. Also, there are a number of good burner apps. In the end there is a large variety of combinations that can be used and most of them will do any of the more difficult movies. The key is a good rip and knowing how to use the software properly.

13. gadgethak

gadgethak Member

Was Spanglish a good movie? I never got the chance to see it. From the trailers and previews it seemed like Sandler's character was a bit out of his normal realm, which made me leary to go see it.

14. ogden2

ogden2 Member

why?. do you need to rip the dvd files to your hard drive with dvd decrypter. can you just use open disc in dvd shrink using anydvd aswell,is that not the same.

15. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

quote."why?. do you need to rip the dvd files to your hard drive with DVD Decrypter. can you just use open disc in DVD Shrink using AnyDVD aswell,is that not the same. "
    i am not expert but let me try to asnswer this question and let me just say that this is only my opinion and how i feel.
    ripping from the disc is "hard work" even for rippers let alone for transcoders but ripper like Decrypter and FabDecrypter are much better at it than transcoders. when the files are ripped with a decrypter first, it is very easy for trasncoders or encoders to use them(copy them). So why make transcoders do both, rip and compress, why not just let the transcoders do what they do best, transcode and less of the ripping work?
    again, this is just my own little opinion.

16. brobear

brobear Guest

Glad you pointed that out. The difference you're talking about is with software capable of recording on the fly or not. For that the issue is more one of system resources. Either have a lot or one shouldn't try it. Here you get into the different type of decryption tools, driver and "ripper". Using AnyDVD to help Shrink is similar to using it with DVD Decrypter. With Decrypter the file is ripped to the hard drive for the user to select further tasks. With Shrink the files are copied to a temp file on the HD and then Shrink uses the file for transcoding. Little difference, either the program is automatically reading off the hard drive or the user tells another app to. Using AnyDVD with an app that has no "ripping" features is true "recording on the fly". AnyDVD breaks the protection and the app records or transcodes as though there was none there. That entails transfer rates between the optical drive and the rest of the system and enough resources to do the overall task (both decryption and transcoding) without failing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2006
  17. Dogman5

Dogman5 Regular member

I just used DVD Decrypter and then DVDShrink. and then pulled over just the main movie in DVDShrink and that worked fine. I did a movie a few days ago that had to be taken back twice and on the third try got a good one.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  18. thebox

thebox Member

I used the latest version of AnyDVD v5.9.2.1, well near latest anyway and NeroRecode. Worked like a charm. If for those of you who get picky with having all that garbage at the beginning, the annoying adverts and trailers, theres an option in AnyDVD that will remove it. Thought i'd throw that little bit of info in there for all the newbies