1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Update screwed my PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by TempestB, May 29, 2007.

1. TempestB

TempestB Guest

Here is what happened:

I went ahead and got ready to downgrade 1.5. So I downloaded the OFFICIAL PSP firmware 3.03 and put it into the PSP memory stick. I then ran the update. It went fine until it reached 99%. It was stuck there for 2 min until I finally got a message that said PSP update failed.

I restarted the PSP and everything seemed to be fine. I checked the version and it said 3.03. I then went ahead and put the files in that were needed for GTA.

I then put in GTA and get a message saying "this disc could not be read" immediately after I closed the door. Same thing happened with 5 other games.

Is there anyway to rollback the firmware to the previous version? Or am I stuck in 3.03 until they figure out a way to do the downgrade without GTA. I am pretty sure updating to newer version will fix this but I don't want to do that.

BTW its a first gen PSP.

Thanks for the help.

2. silentdan

silentdan Member

It looks like your upgrade to 3.03 did not finish all the way and now your games cant run,i would sugest you retry and see if it works.If not then i hope you have a Warranty so you can return it and get another PSP.

3. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

please hope u have warrenty!