1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offline Blogging Help

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by karenishere, Sep 2, 2015.

1. karenishere

karenishere Member

I decided today to start a blog. I wanted the capacity to edit and store it offline. Apparently, just for me, this is going to be impossible. Sigh. Please note, I have no personal attachment to either of the programs I'm trying to link up, so if someone's successfully doing this with other (free) programs, I'd be fine with that. This is not a for-profit venture, it's basically just a private journal I wanted to do in blog format and save online. frankly at this point, four hours of Not journaling, I'm so irritated it's an excellent title for a blogpost: pen and paper rules!

I'm trying to link up Wordpress and Windows Live Writer. I'm using Windows 8.1. In the link up process, I get to a point in WLW where it asks me to insert my blog name into a pathline:

ETA: sorry, these aren't hyperlinks, I don't know how to post a pathline without it automatically doing that.

< http://<blogname>.wordpress.com/xmlrpc.php>

I do:

< http://myblog.wordpress.com/xmlrpc.php>

I then get the message:

Network Connection Error Moved Permanently: Moved permanently.

Anyone know what's wrong? Is this a compatibility issue or am I just missing a comma somewhere?

2. karenishere

karenishere Member

Ok I finally answered my own question. Just in case anyone else is trying to do this: you can't set your blog to "private" until after you've established the link between Wordpress and the offline editor. Obvious as a Mac truck, unless you miss it. :rolleyes:

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

teach & learn.