1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ogg to avi then to xbox 360 format

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by lameboy, Jun 29, 2007.

1. lameboy

lameboy Member

i've got 26 episodes of a tv show i love, but i got them from my friend in ogg format (wtf?) i found this thread, http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/69511, and i followed the directions but when i get my avi video theres is no sound. can ne1 help me out? there is 2 audio streams on the files and a text stream, i want the second audio stream and no text. thanks for at least looking.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

The files would be ogm, not ogg.

You might want to try mencoder.

Something like:
    mencoder -ovc copy -aid 2 -oac mp3lame -vf harddup -mc 0 input.ogm -o output.avi

That way you can also easily batch process with something like:
    for %%f in (*.ogm) DO (mencoder.exe -ovc copy -aid 2 -oac mp3lame -o "%%~nf.avi" "%%f")

You might want to change the audio settings. Default lame options from recollection are some kind of VBR.

If you want to keep using VDubMod, then I think you will need to decode the stream to wav, then re-add it.

3. lameboy

lameboy Member

ok, that went way over my head, thanks for the reply, but can ne1 help me translate what he said

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Actually you could skip it all anyway. Just noticed that you actually want it in xbox 360 format which I guess mainly means wmv (also mp4)? No reason why you can't convert an ogm directly.

5. lameboy

lameboy Member

ok, for all of you who stumble upon this thread looking for an answer on how to make ogm files playable on your 360, or any dvd player for that matter, i post the following. after forever of searching and trial and error, i found a program that works, and best of all, it's free. the program is "Dvd Flick", and you can get it here:

http://www.dvdflick.net/

it make dvds out of almost any video format i can think of and it's really easy to use. the downside is that you can't make a tittle menu with it. but i don't mind that. hope this helps someone.