1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OGM to Mpeg or OTHER USABLE FORMAT

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Redeemed, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Redeemed

Redeemed Guest

I have a very good quality OGM file together with the subtitle file (It is in Japanese).

The final movie will be useless to me unless I can author it with the subtitles. DVD LAB Pro does not help since it will not see OGM extentions. When converted to something useful it does not have a function to link the subtitles, at least that I can see?

WinAVI 5.8 promises to easily convert OGM to a variety of NTSC formats, but how do I incorporate the subtitles.

I need to find a way to export as a proerly configured movie that ensures that the subtitles are syncronized to the frams.

Any ideas pleas.

2. modtang

modtang Member

So long as you have VobSub and the relevant codecs installed this should work.... Load your .ogm file into TMPGEnc and convert it like you would any other file. I did it today (Jap audio, Eng subs) and it worked fine.

3. Redeemed

Redeemed Guest

Modtang

Thanks for the support.

I do have VitualDub. In this case a used a very useful graphic program called GraphEdit. This program enables visible graphic deleted and drop in filters similar to CAD. Once you set the encoding path as you want you simply save it as an AVI. This is then used to create a DIVx 5.1 or do with as you will.

I also had to mess with the subtitle file to make it compatable using a SSA filter.

Anyway results were excelent and thoroughly enjoyed my work..

Thank you

4. MibuWolf

MibuWolf Member

I was wondering does it ruin the ogm quality when it converts to avi? because Ogm is a better quality audio, and perfect picture than avi, and so I've heard... Does the quality get a little worst when converting?