1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh for crying out loud...what have I done now?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by nlm1976, Feb 22, 2007.

1. nlm1976

nlm1976 Member

A long time ago in a forum not so far away, I was new to this whole backing up my DVDs thing. I came here for great advice. I was told to install Shrink and all would be well. All has been well until today. Between then and now I purchased an OEM version of Nero Suite and installed it on my computer. I decided I didn't like it and it didn't help me any so I just uninstalled it. In the process of uninstalling, it must have deleted the small service that comes with Shrink that allows me to do the autoburn thing (goes right to Nero and burns the DVD after Shrink is done.) Now it's gone and I don't know how to get it back. Please help! I can't afford to buy Nero 7 right now so I just want the freebie back that I had before.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

When you uninstalled Nero did you reinstall the prev version of Nero you had?
    If you didn't then that's why no autoburn burn w/ Shrink.

But you can autoburn w/ ImgBurn (free) Just download this tweak for Shrink (link).
    Install that and ImgBurn then in backup target pick 'ISO image file and burn w/ ImgBurn'.

3. nlm1976

nlm1976 Member

Ok. So I was able to find my old copy of Nero Express and installed that. I just tried to do a burn by using Shrink first and hoping it would go to Nero with an autoburn option but it didn't. The "burn with Nero" box is checked under my options with Shrink. What now?? I could try ImgBurn but I'd really like to get the Nero linked up.

4. nlm1976

nlm1976 Member

Also, when I click "backup" and check the burn tab, it's shadowed so I know it's not going to work. How do I link Nero back into Shrink??

5. binkie7

Under select backup target is the burner listed?

Does your old copy of Nero Express include burning rom? See if that's an option in the applications of Nero. That's the app of Nero that Shrink uses to burn.

If you don't have that then you'll need to use ImgBurn for the autoburn.
    Or do a 2 step process - when Shrink is done burn the files w/ Express.

6. nlm1976

nlm1976 Member

No it doesn't have a burning rom option (takes me to the main Nero page when I try to switch over...not sure why it worked before but not now...oh well) so I checked out ImgBurn and it seems to be just as handy so I'm using that right now. It's in the encoding stage so hopefully it'll automatically start burning when it's finished with that.
    Thanks so much for your help!
    One last question...on the other version of Shrink, it gives me the option to "burn with DVD Decrypter" Can I use that as well to get an autoburn? Just want to know in case I have any trouble with the ImgBurn.
    Thanks again!!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  7. binkie7

Not a problem nlm1976 :)

OEM versions can be limited on what they have - like a teaser to buy the whole thing.

ImgBurn is the updated burning part of Decrypter - same guy.
    Yes you can also use Decrypter - would just need to switch back the version of Shrink (can download at aD). But I'll think you'll be fine w/ ImgBurn.

8. nlm1976

nlm1976 Member

I woke up this morning to a perfectly burned backup of my newest movie! Thanks again so much for all your help!! :)
    Have a great weekend.

9. binkie7

You're welcome nlm1976

Have a good weekend too!

Happy Burning