1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oh my.. please help..i'm really at wits end

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by yandao87, Mar 21, 2007.

1. yandao87

yandao87 Member

hi,

i've read tonnes of guide & researched numerous websites for .ogm files, and i come to this conclusion, if wrong , please correct me.

.ogm is a media container.

to play it,

i'll need a splitter/directshow filter(qn:are they the same thing???) to recognise the container first,
    EITHER illuminable ogg codecs for windows at http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/
    OR OGM DS Package at http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/ogg_directshow.cfm

next, i'll need the correct codec to play the file
    e.g. XviD, DivX, etc

now, i meet up with a problem. i've installed illimnable's ogg codecs, but i can't play .ogm video files, but i can play .ogg audio files. my ogm file has mp3 audio and DivX video. i have both codecs.

is it because i don't VobSub installed?

and, for matroska video, is gabest's splitter or haali's splitter better? i heard that haali supports ogm container also?? and after installing the splitter, do i still need to install vobsub/vsfilter to read subtitiles??

2. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

Personally, I've never had the exact problem you're talking about and here's what I have installed. Matroska pack, illiminables ogg codecs, and various other directshow filters. Install CCCP, see if that doesn't fix 99% of your playback problems. Best playback for most ogms though, in my experience is VLC (native support).

3. yandao87

yandao87 Member

ok thanks. anyone knows what's the difference between vobsub 2.23 and 2.37??? which is better?