1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK... HERE IT IS PEOPLE... IT WORKS!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by solarwnd, Mar 21, 2005.

1. solarwnd

solarwnd Member

ok here it is people...
    This is what you need to play ps2 backups on a [bold] SLIM PS2! [/bold]...(i like my slim ps2)

:Swapmagic 3.3 discs (costs about $25 us or $33 canadian)
    :Slim tool or magic switch (you need it but dont waste money buying it, instead, i will discuss how to make it!)

As far as the slim tool or magic is concerned, you dont need to waste money buying it. It is a simple process to make it and i made my own little kit in under [bold]5 minuts!!![/bold]. Ok... here goes... there are 3 parts to the slim ps2 that need to be "fooled" to get swapmagic running.

1. the disc brake near the top right corner
    2. the switch that tells the ps2 that the lid is up, near the bottom right corner
    3. the sensor (inside the ps2, but we dont need to open up the ps2) in between the top left hinge of the lid of the ps2.

1. for the disc brake, we will use a small wad of tape, small enough to fit inside. We push and hold the disc brake as far right it can go and we chuck in a wad of tape so that the disc brake will hold.

2. for the sensor at the bottom right of the ps2... we can use just about anything to hold it down, you can figure it out, its very easy, just tape it down or use a toothpick to push it down or anything like that.

3. now... this is the tricky part... as for the sensor under the top left lid hinge of the slim ps2, take a regular size or soda straw, you know, the thinner ones or anything that fits and cut it to the size of an AA battery. press it flat and cut along it lengthwise so that it is half as wide, for example:

straw:

|=============================|

now cut along it lengthwise so it becomes this:

fold it in half into a "v shape" and insert the straw into the hinge, in between the two plastic sides. If you do it right, you will hit the sensor and all will be well, I garuntee you, It worked for me and best of all, your warrenty stays intact!

2. bolso

bolso Guest

I'll try to do it !!!
    The only thing it worries me is that i've read that having the lid open, your laser can get damaged after some months of use. I've read it on this forum. As soon as i find the thread, i'll post it here.

Here it is: "How to play burned ps2 games without mod-chip or Swap Magic"

Posted by Doulley:

u need somethink i dont care what anyone says dont use swap magic i know its good but ur laser hates it i have a pic on this web site showing what swap magic did to this laser the acrylic was bubbling it burnt so bad yet smelled so good! GET A MOD CHIP

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2005
  3. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

Why did you repost this tutorial. There are plenty of ones on the forums with pictures and I believe PS2NFO has a good one.

4. WEStar

WEStar Active member

or you can just get a mod.

5. solarwnd

solarwnd Member

yeah, but this way is better, and your laser does not burn out because of swapmagic!