1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok I need Some Help....Please

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by RockShot, Mar 17, 2005.

1. RockShot

RockShot Member

Ok heres my dilema.
    I shoot vidoe for a KISS tribute.and most shows are around 2 hours.I have a Mini DV Cam.I capture the video to my hard drive via IEEE.Then I edit it together with MovieMaker including titles and transitions.then I save the movie to my harddrive on the highest quality (Size) .....

Heres is my problem I want to be able to fit that complete file onto 1 Video DVD.So that I dont have to have half the show on one dvd and the other half on another dvd.
    So I guess Im asking how to compress a file so that I can have it one 1 DVD.

I use Sonic MyDVD LE 5

Any Help ??

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Got just the thing for ya!!!

Check out the guide at my website called {{{{Convert AVI to DVD}}}}}} Link is in my signature..

I am pretty sure those files are mpeg, AVI or something to that effect correct?

3. RockShot

RockShot Member

Ok so I got Divx to DVD and DVD shrink.But still no success.
    Ok heres where Im at:
    I have a Movie that I created with Microsoft MovieMaker.and Saved to my HardDrive it is 1,640,380 kbs in size....it is around 1 hour and 5o minutes long.

when I run divxtodvd on this file it says it will take 4 hours then around 10 minutes in there is a error saying that my computer is low on memory.

Any other programs i could run so that the complete file can fit onto 1 4.7 gig DVD-R.

HELP

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

if your pc is saying its running out of memory maybe close all programs that aren't essential down.

What are your pc stats?
    Are you attempting something that your pc cant manage.

*jeopardy theme playing in background*

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2005
  5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

That proggy (DivXtoDVD) probablly uses less resources than any other conversion proggy out there so if you are having trouble with that sucking up your memory then you have bigger issues..

How much memory do you have?
    What processor do you have? make/speed

6. RockShot

RockShot Member

I have a brand new Dell Pent4 3.0gig hyperthread enabled, 800 frontside buswith 512 ram and a 80 gig hard drive which only has 6.37 gigs left (its pretty full)The DvDs I have burned are perfect with no stutter at all.....But I need a way to shrink that one file so that I can have the complete show on 1 DVD....I dont think its the computer unless the problem is I need more harddrive space.

7. pulsar

pulsar Active member

What is you virtual memory, in hardware advanced settings?

8. brobear

brobear Guest

You definitely need more hard drive space. It may not be all the trouble, but it sure could be contributing to it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2005
  9. RockShot

RockShot Member

Ok I grabbed a couple more gigs of hard space by deleting some files.And I set the Virtual memory to its max which is 4096.I ran it for almots 45 minutes and although there was a small message saying the same thing in the sys tray it still continued to run.

New question it will take 4 hours so i stappoed it so that I can do it when I go to bed...BUT there is a file over at the destination folder ,Will it just add to that ??

Agian thanx for all the help.

10. andmerr

andmerr Guest

unless there is a function to pause it , it will probably ask you if you want to write over it.

11. RockShot

RockShot Member

Now its getting stuck at around the 3500th frame...the desription says that there is a access prblem and it looks like its working but it stays at the same frame.maybe its the file?

12. RockShot

RockShot Member

I just cant get that program to work...it works on othe files I have but maybe this one is too large....I remade it and im still getting problems....anyone else know a program I can use??

13. RockShot

RockShot Member

I just cant get that program to work...it works on othe files I have but maybe this one is too large....I remade it and im still getting problems....anyone else know a program I can use??

14. brobear

brobear Guest

1ClickDVDMovie might work, I don't know as I only read some info on it. It comes from the makers of 1ClickDVDCopy. I tried 1ClickDVDCopy with "The Grudge" and it failed miserably. Back to the point, you may want to check out the 1ClickDVDMovie as it simplifies doing conversions. I don't know if it'll work for you or not, as BBmayo pointed out, you appear to be having system problems. I do remember the app requires the DivX codecs and any others needed for conversion, so it may just be an interface and still require a heavy memory load.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2005
  15. RockShot

RockShot Member

Thanx Bro.
    Ill go give it a try.

16. RockShot

RockShot Member

Well I finally got it done I used a evalution copy of TMPGEnc it worked very good and very quickly.Then I used Sonic MyDVD5 and it burned very quickly I was suprised but I fiqure that all the other times I used MyDVD to do the converting so it was less of a job for it,it made a copy and then it played flawlessly...although the quality in some places wernet as good as I wish it was...The Job Got Done !!

Thanx for the help people.