1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ok i want to play back ups of ps1 and ps2 games but i dont want to put a mod chip in my ps2 what can i do

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by BadDagger, Apr 12, 2005.

1. BadDagger

BadDagger Regular member

ok i just messed up my ps2 mother board with a stupid mod chip and know i need to either buy a new mother board or new ps2 but any way when i get that down i still want to play back ups of ps1 games and ps2 games so what can i do other then tying to put a modchip into my ps2

2. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

You can get a Breaker Pro to play your PS1 backups, and Swap Magic to play your PS2 backups. Fliptop style.

3. madhops23

madhops23 Member

There are plenty of swap disks out there for PS2 disks. In addition to the PS1 swap disk mentioned above, you can use gameshark lite.

Get a flip top rather than use the knife trick

Also, you could put in a harddrive to play PS2 games (but you cannot play ps1 games from here.) This would cost $20 for the network adapter, and $30-60 for a 40-120 GB harddrive. There are however some games that do not work with the harddrive like crazy taxi.

4. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

I say go Fliptop w/memorycard exploit including Hdloader. You'll be doing OK. Also if you have V9 PS2 you can play PS1 games with the Elf launchers instead of needing any PS1 bootdisks of any kind.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  5. BadDagger

BadDagger Regular member

um what is elf launcher?
    and what is Fliptop w/memorycard exploit

6. BadDagger

BadDagger Regular member

also were can i get Breaker Pro

7. alseides

alseides Guest

HDLoader, anyone? That is the ultimate solution if you don't mind the fact that it requires: The HDLoader disc, network adapter and harddrive.

Store all ur games on the harddrive and they load much much faster. (GT4 claims to have 2-4 second load times, which I havn't tried yet)