1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ok, if i've got two parts of a video...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by CRAZYmack, Feb 20, 2003.

1. CRAZYmack

CRAZYmack Guest

If i've got two parts of a video and one follows directly after the other but they aren't in one file, do i have to merge them or can i just put them both in on nero to make a VCD and leave the gap between each play to 0 seconds? would that work or not?

2. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

It will work, but there will be a pause between the two files you cant get rid of this, are the files mpeg? if they are they can be merged with dvtool

3. CRAZYmack

CRAZYmack Guest

Yes, the files are mpegs, except when i use DV tool to split and then merge files, one of them has no video stream, or at least thats what TMPgenc says, and when i try and play one of them it doesn't play on windows media player it just stays on the first frame.

4. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

2 questions why are you splitting the files first if you only have 2 files to merge together, what version of dvtool are you using?
    you could merge the files with tmpgenc but it tends to scre the compliance up for nero