1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK I've bought a burner but can't watch the movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by OZfn4ever, Dec 16, 2007.

1. OZfn4ever

OZfn4ever Member

OK recently I found out that I didn't have a DVD burner installed on my computer Acer\Aspire 3680 running Windows\Vista Home Basic, so I went out and bought a Sony DVD RW DRU-840A USB Device, I intalled the device and the software which installed Nero 7, I burned 2 movies with this thing but when I load them into my home DVD player Magnavox DVD Player/Recorder, they don't play. I can load the DVD into my computer and they play fine. Will someone please give me an Idea as to what the possible problem may be? Perhaps the format?

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

load your burnt dvdr to dvd shrink see if it reads ok?

are the discs +R did you booktype?

{I burned 2 movies with this thing} guide us through your process / project pls

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  3. OZfn4ever

OZfn4ever Member

Hey Rotary, Thanks for replying so fast. I don't quite understand what you meant, I'm new to this DVD burning stuff. Here's what I do, I open Nero 7, open the DVD option, open file I'm I'm trying to burn, hit burn option. The program says "Burn Complete. I put it in my Home DVD Player, says loading but when I push play, nothing happens, put in in my computer it plays just fine.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

i owuld say you need to BOOKTYPE those +R to dvd-rom more com patible in players!

out put from convertxtodvd then use imgburn to burn / booktype same time