1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK, Noob with various issues.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by PokChoi, Feb 21, 2007.

1. PokChoi

PokChoi Member

i got into Bittorrent a couple of months back, and have lots of divxs now.

i also now own a liteon HDD & DVD recorder, which i'd like to play them on.

so, like a mug, i just burnt them direct with Nero7. major lag/no sync, and then picture stutter until it just Jams on the liteon (plays fine on the PC, typically).

a friend suggested i try converting them first, so tried dvdsanta last night.

the divx i converted has a judder ever 1 second, like a freeze frame, but works until about 45 minutes in, then the image lags out, and eventually jams.

is it :

1. what i converted it to (using DVDSanta, several vobs and ancillary files)
    2. the dvd writer i have (an unfirmware upgraded Philips DVD8631 in a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P)
    3. the software (tried Nero7 direct AVI-DVD burn, DVDSanta, and WinAVI)
    or worst of all, 4. the Liteon, which plays commercial DVDs just fine, and is meant to play DVD +Rs without a sweat, and Divxs without a problem as well.

quite willing to take any suggestion, as otherwise i'm kinda boned.

2 other DVDs burnt fine, 1 full length feature, and a 3 1 hour episode series, both using Nero7 from Divx, so i'm at a loss here.

cheers from a Divx n00b.

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

Some DVD players can play DivX,

When using Nero did you select "Make Your Own DVD-Video" takes a few hours but works every time for me with no problems

3. PokChoi

PokChoi Member

yup, used Nero's "make DVD video".

no joy, with most of the burns.

someone told me that burning AVIs with nero 7 as DVDs the audio sync got screwed up, so i tried converting and burning with other softs (as mentioned), but still no joy.

the liteon is Divx certified i think....so what's my best bet, just burn the divx's as files to the dvd and play them as raw divxs?

ps. using Maxell DVD +rs, so certainly not the media at fault...

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

NeroVision is the program I use to burn my AVI files to DVD. You are correct SOME versions of Nero 7 throw the audio out of sync, which version are you using. 7.?.?.?

5. PokChoi

PokChoi Member

7.7.5.1 (i got caught by the bloody dial home protection on a ripped copy i had)

how can i downgrade then?

6. PokChoi

PokChoi Member

would it also explain the eventual juddering to a stop of the whole movie too?

(btw, sort of got around all of this by just burning the divx to cd, and copying the cd to the HD of the Liteon, but i'd still rather have a collection of playable DVDs rather than CDs that i have to copy up onto the HDD....)

7. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

Actually Maxell has given me quite a bit of trouble, kept on giving me coasters I use Memorex with no problems.

Nero 7.0.8.2 33 MB version I use.