1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK. . . Now I'm stumped

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by j_fricke, Mar 21, 2005.

1. j_fricke

j_fricke Member

OK. . . Now I'm stumped

I just copied my first couple of DVDs using DVD Decrypter and Shrink. The copies turned out beautiful thanks to bbmayo step by step instructions and played great on my stand-alone DVD player.

Now for the problem. When I try to play a purchased DVD my player doesn't recognize that there is a disk in the player. It says no disk and tells me to insert a disk. I never had this problem until I played a disk that I just burned. I can play the burned disk with no problem but the player will no longer play a store bought disk.

This is wierd. If I let the player sit overnite and in the morning insert one of our store bought DVD movies it will then play. I then insert a burned DVD and it will also play. I then insert the purchased DVD again and it will not play unless I leave the player alone for a while.

This is driving me crazy!
    Has anyone ever heard of this problem before or know how to correct it?

The player is a Sony DVP-NS300.

2. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Oddly enough, I had the same thing happen with one of my original disks. I have no clue why it wouldn't play in the player. The disk looked fine.

I have one of those cheap Circuit City ESA dvd players.

I'm subscribing to this thread to see if anyone has an answer.

3. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Yep and yes:

It's a kind of now you see me, now you don't program.

Download DVD infopro.

and it did piss me off :)

regards gringle

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2005
  4. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

Wow, that is weird. Does the purchased disc play before the rip? I have heard of the laser not working properly and actually "burning" the disc enough to make it not work properly.

5. sadsac

sadsac Guest

We're not talking playing in the dvd burner. We're talking standalone players. I've only had it happen once. It's like my standalone got used to backups and didn't want to play a pressed disk.

6. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

After the movie is backed up, the orginal has already felt the wrath of the laser in the burner, so when it is played in the stand alone it plays differently.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  7. j_fricke

j_fricke Member

Yes, any purchased disk worked.
    This problem just happened this past Saturday after watching our first burnt movie.
    In fact we were watching a burned copy last nite, which played fine. I then went to play The Notebook movie(rented) and it would not play. I then took one of our store bought movies and it would not play. I then burned Notebook and it played.
    This morning I inserted another store bought movie and it played fine. It's seems that aftyer I play a burned movie a store bought movie won't play right away or at least within about 3 hours.
    I just don't get it. And it's driving me crazy.

8. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

where's bbmayo when you need him?

9. j_fricke

j_fricke Member

I am ripping the movie to the HD from the comp DVD drive.
    Burner is in the second bay.
    Burned movies play fine in the standalone.
    The problem is the standalone seems to have a hard time reading a purchased DVD after playing a burned DVD.

I am not understanding how DVD infopro can remedy this.