1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok, really getting pissed!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by yurkie, Mar 12, 2005.

1. yurkie

yurkie Member

I have the SM 3.3 w/fliptop, and I've tried burning several different games using different methods and media and I always get "not a valid ps2 disc". Can someone help me before I toss my ps2 off my roof?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what exact steps are you using to load the games? Slim or fat ps2?

3. buddog03

buddog03 Guest

use swap magic dvd 3.3 not the cd 3.3. Lol it took me 6 hours to figure that out

4. mjonz20

mjonz20 Member

When you put the backup game in, immediately after you slide the card back to the left, just start pressing "x"

5. 40ozKing

40ozKing Member

yeah i am getting the same "not a valid ps2 disc" message. i have the fliptop w/ swap magic also, i have the "fat" ps2, not the slim one. using dvd decrypter, sony dvd-r discs, buring 1x.

i load the swap magic disc(the dvd one, and i have tried using the cd one as well usiing the method described in a sticky in another forum on this site) and once it loads to the "load program" screen, i open the flip top and put in the backup(tony hawk underground 2), i have tried normal boot and special boot, and everytime it says "not a valid ps2 disc"

wtf?!?!?

6. kibagami

kibagami Guest

You can try to just covert the sensors using the straw and tissue thing to see if the cd's turn. Then from there let me know.

7. 40ozKing

40ozKing Member

huh? you lost me, i am new to ps2 backups and have no clue what that means

8. 40ozKing

40ozKing Member

nevermind, i guess i had a bad file for tony hawk underground 2, i just backed up ssx3 and it worked fine

9. jules_c

jules_c Guest

40ozKing i had have made a few coasters with TH Underground 2 even after patching and gave up in the end. I could load the game using swap magic disks but in game play it just froze. Im interested to know how you got ssx to work i backed it up last night using decryptor on Ritec Ridisc G04 and it just would get past tthe loding screen, the same goes for Socom.

I've got a V7 Ps2 that will accept +/- DVD Rs and the swap magic disk. I'm now running out of mugs for my coasters. I have now problems with cd PS2 games but theres no consistancy with dvd games even though im using quality media. For example GT3 i burned to undbranded silver dvd- and it loads and plays after a good 5 minutes where as say burnout 3 on unbranded loads instantly.

Do i now need to look at adjusting the height of the laser? and if so anyone got a link to a thread?

10. billbolos

billbolos Guest

i got exactly the same thing "please insert a ps2 disc" the way i got around it was put your swap magic disc in and do not close the flip top let it get to the load program ,remove the swap magic disc replace with your back up then close the flip top and press x