1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK SET IT TO DMA TO RIP/BURN FASTER OK.......

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nyjets323, Aug 21, 2004.

1. nyjets323

nyjets323 Guest

How the hell do i set it to rip/burn faster. Dont tell me to go to advanced settings and click dma on the dvd burner drive CAUSE ANYTIME I DO IT I RESTART IT GOES AWAY. And the sony dru 510a has to be dma enabled cause this burner was FAAAAASSSSST before i reformmated.

Please dont send me to the microsoft site for DMA or tell me this has been posted before just give me some detailed help on how to fix this prob please!!!!!

2. nyjets323

nyjets323 Guest

BTW I have windows98

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

nyjets323,

I'm just curious, what is it you have against using the "search" function to look for your answer ?

As I said, I'm just curious.

Anyway since you can't be bothered to look -
    Go to Device Manager and uninstall your drive then restart your system and let it find it. After that, check back to make sure it's not on PIO.

Another question - have you reinstalled your ASPI and Firmware ? It might help -

Cheers,

Pete

4. nyjets323

nyjets323 Guest

i reinstalled the aspi using that force one.

i installed firmware for my dvd burner.

Another thing that ticks me off using dvd shrink when i encode just the main movie when it starts of it starts at 2000kbs few minutes it just drops and drops and drops to 300kbs whats that about is it because of the DMA thingy....

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You need to keep to the same thread bud.

I've helped you in your other thread but now since you started a whole new thread on the same subject I can't simply scroll up the thread to see what's already been suggested. You're focused on your own problem and know exactly what's been tried already but we don't because we help quite a few people at the same time. If you want help don't make it a pain in the ass for us.

As of 10:15PM Arizona time the world is still turning. You need to take a step back and cool your jets. We're not here at your beck and call and if we're not living up to your expectations then use the search function. I did for three months before I ever posted on AD.

I extended you the common courtesy of a second chance by helping you after you cussed me in your first post but since what I'm doing still isn't appreciated I'm done with helping you. I wish you luck with your problem.

6. nyjets323

nyjets323 Guest

hey Bud

you gave me advice dont explain anything you just give me a link that didnt help. you say fix the dma, you dont say how, what do you expect me to do????

7. nyjets323

nyjets323 Guest

Ha your very funny when did i ever cuss you BTW

8. colw

colw Active member

Nephilim is correct - in the main your posts have been very demanding and somewhat abusive.

While most members are willing to assist if the problem/details are well explained, it very difficult to help those who are not willing to help themselves.

Problems you are encountering have been discussed/answered many times previously on these forums - there is a search button at the top of the screen you may care to explore.

Generally most members of these forums do not have the time to spoonfeed people who are unprepared to help themselves, especially with discourteous and demanding requests.

As with many others, I spent some considerable time reading and exploring this site prior to posting. I find I am able to learn and find answers without the need to ask a question, however, I know that if I am polite, provide the necessary background and system/software details there are many people on this site that will go out of their way to assist.

Some courtesy and respect for the knowledge/experience of senior members of these forums would engender helpful assistance.

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

10. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Yea I remember all that cusing stuff so uncalled for!

11. nyjets323

nyjets323 Guest

12. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

have you checked your bios settings?

13. nyjets323

nyjets323 Guest

i think i found out what the problem is.

i was fooling around making iso files and instead of making the iso file in my external hard drive (40gigs)i put it on my internal 4gig hard drive the speed returned to normal. Running scandisk i found out i have atleast 2,000,000 bad sectors on my external maxtor 3000ls hard drive. Whats the best course of action of clearing this. I really dont care about reformatting the external drive cause i have nothing in there but afew video files and a nrg file.

14. michigan

michigan Guest

Bad sectors are just that - bad. Get a new drive.

BTW, I usually even help the rude, unappreciative, and the double posters (with an explaintion of NOT to double post in the future) but 6 double posts is being pretty abusive and the double posting around here is getting really bad lately.

I was on vacation or I would have helped you sooner. As stated before we don't get paid (I don't do computers on vacation anyways)

Welcome to the AD
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]emachines T1862, 1.8mhz, 762 ram, 60gig hdd, 10gig hdd, lite-on multiformat dvd, 1394 IEEE[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2004
  15. nyjets323

nyjets323 Guest

Ok mich i understand....

but isnt there a software that can clean this up or could i reformat the external drive????

16. michigan

michigan Guest

Give it a try at this point it can't hurt. If the problemis still there then get a new one

17. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

if you do a low level format (eg in dos) it will find the bad sectors and mark them bad... and therefore not use them in the future...

18. nyjets323

nyjets323 Guest

thanks ill give it a try...

19. ispy

ispy Regular member

nyjets323
    I have 2 of the Sony 510a drives,i rip at 8x,burn at 4x,go to the Sony website update your firmware to version 11a,then download a free Sony programme called DSS,Drive speed select.search the Sony site for DVD drives then choose your burner,ie 510a to see whats available.instructions for firmware update are on the site.
    ispy

20. nyjets323

nyjets323 Guest

i got it ripping back to old speeds again.

i found out the problem. i downloaded some USB 2.0 adapter driver.

but any time i go to rip i get a blue screen about my external drive. saying cannot write to disk(hard drive) data maybe be loss and something something...